PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek: Blender, a new Blender site

locutus
08-Jun-02, 09:49
A new Blender site is complete:
I present
:D :D :D Star Trek: Blender :D :D :D
The site for 3D Star Trek models, tutorials, galleries and Star Trek gaming.
Visit it now: http://www.angelfire.com/trek/blender
Send me your feedback,
Rashid Al-Marri

S_W
08-Jun-02, 11:03
WOW! Fantastic! :P I've been waiting my whole life for a Blender site like this! Keep you great work up! :D

kroopson
08-Jun-02, 11:27
Not bad, not bad - phasers and shields tut is pretty good 8)

theresnothi
08-Jun-02, 19:51
Ok, this is a room full of gold pressed latinum to a Ferengi ror me! I've been looking for decent trek models in the blender format, but have never found any. Thanks a lot, live long and prosper!

0ptikz
08-Jun-02, 19:57
Hey Locutus of Borg,

Great site! I'm downloading some of the meshes as I speak.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that you used a pic of Janeway (My least favourite ST captain) for the Nav bar.

Tutes are good, layout is good - In short, great!

Dave.

VelikM
08-Jun-02, 19:58
Nice site!
I like the tuts, more ideas to play with.

LarsB
09-Jun-02, 10:14
Great Site!
I'm downloading the DS9 model...

Lars

locutus
10-Jun-02, 03:17
Well, I'm glad to see everyone linked the site, but I would like to see what you all have done with the 3D models, if you could post or send me some pics!
As for the design ;) , Janeway wasn't my favourite, either, I originally wanted to put more characters, like Sisko, Kirk and Picard, but I didn't find any stand-up pics (to fit the design), I actually found a pic of Archer (from the new series) so I might look around.
I was surprised by how everyone replied in just a few hours, but I hope people follow me and build their own sites like that!
But I wish to note, did anybody look at the gaming page? The games aren't Blender, but if you're a Trekkie (or Trekker), you'll love it.
Rashid Al-Marri

S68
10-Jun-02, 03:55
Nice site :)

Never made a ST modelling myself...

Stefano

RipSting
10-Jun-02, 15:14
That's a really good site I admit, but the pop up ads are a bit annoying. Doesn't Angelfire give you some code so that you can imbed them into your page?

The models and image gallery is great, but I haven't looked at your tutorials yet. Keep up the good work!

bogbean
10-Jun-02, 16:55
Very nice.
I've got some of the models, but only ever got round to converting one or two to use in Blender. This should save a lot of people a lot of time.

The tutes on the effects look interesting too. I'll have to have a play around when I've got a bit of time to spare.

locutus
12-Jun-02, 01:00
Well, the only reason I couldn't change the ads was because I have frames, if I did put them the other way, the whole thing would be messed up.
If anybody has a suggestion for a good website provider (with no ads, plenty of space and NO FILE SIZE LIMITS), then please e-mail me.
Thank you,
Locutus Of Borg,
Resistance Is Futile.

locutus
12-Jun-02, 01:05
Well that signature looked crap! :x :x :x

Bapsis
13-Jun-02, 01:59
Nice work man!!!
I had thought a while back of making a Blender ST site, but you beat me to it *Bows* ;)
What all do you have planed for the site??? I had thought about banding some ppl together that are down with the trek to make a (short) episode of our own, i would love to design some hype uniforms, more battle ready like Elite Force (tho iv not played that, pent 200, nuff said).
I'd totally be willing to write or co-write the episode and do some of the modeling and animation. Would anyone one else like to do that, how about you Locutus? Nice site btw, i will visit it once and a bit no doubt. ;)

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

PS: I've done one Trek pic to date, pic iz at :
http://www.stormpages.com/bapsis/ent.html

(I know its not the best, specially the hallo'z around the sun, moon and earth, but im still fairly new to 3D. ;)

locutus
13-Jun-02, 02:31
Funny thing, I was thinking about doing a Star Trek project, I came up with a simple plot, but at first, I was hoping to do an Elite Force Mod, with Blender cutscenes, but it was SO HARD using Radient, that I gave up! I thought I could just do a short film in Blender, but for now, my project is Star Trek: Blender, once the site is 100% completed, I will start on something.
But what I really want is for people to take the models off the site, or try converting their own, or even modeling their own and do animations and pics themselves!
I liked the Enterprise pic, but if you visit my gallery (on the site), you will see a few pics that I did in Blender with the models (to fill up the space), if anyone does anything similar to them (not just posing pics :) ), then please send them in, because I would really like that!

bmax
14-Jun-02, 12:47
kool(!) site!!

i dont like startwars... or was it startrek? (i dont see the difference ;) ) , but i like u're site - nice job

Tom

muteinvert
16-Jun-02, 00:42
i'm trying to make some star trek ships, but i can't find any pictures to trace, or any textures of ships. could you tell me a site where i could find some?

A2597
23-Jun-02, 00:06
I've got a conversion of KennyZ's NX-01 at my site (Accepted as the best model of the NX-01,and my convertion meets the creators approoval) at www.b5-blender.com :)

nivex
05-Jul-02, 00:54
damn hell this is my new fav site !