PDA

View Full Version : Free anatomicaly accurate skull. Get it here !

aws357
06-Apr-07, 16:26
Needed a light but anatomicaly accurate skull.

As I suppose people always need skulls somewhere in their #spooky!# artistic path, I give it for free :)

This skull has been modeled using retopo on old medical data mesh that had a very dense and triangulated mesh (and thus unpractical for me). Only the teeth comes from the original data and was heavily decimated.

This object have subdiv modifier on him. So you can remove it if you need a low res skull. Or subdiv it further if you need it to be higher res.

The .blend contain two objects, the upper skull and the mandible... :)

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/265/skull.blend

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/528/skullnk2.th.jpg (http://img488.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skullnk2.jpg)
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3084/skullxm5.th.jpg (http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skullxm5.jpg)

Enjoy :)

UPDATES : after a long time I uploaded a modified version of the skull. Just in time for halloween related projects.

I have it hosted on megaupload because frankly, I don't really know where to host a blender file.

Link here : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QW062VA4

Peasley
06-Apr-07, 16:30
Cheers man, this is really good. I'm sure I'll find a use for it.

Mike_S
06-Apr-07, 17:42
Looks great !

Thanks for sharing.

Mike

BumpyMonkey
06-Apr-07, 18:36
Oooh! I like it.... Downloading now. :eyebrowlift:

Woodman5k
06-Apr-07, 18:41
Thanks aws357,

I already have a use for it :)

filsd
06-Apr-07, 19:52
LOL... I was modeling in one Skull today, its a old model too... thats creep. :P
thanks for sharing this. :)

amade
06-Apr-07, 20:31
Most definitely useful. Thanks a bunch, aws357!

venge
06-Apr-07, 21:32
the back of the head looks a little too flat.
And where is the styloid process? (lol, we just learned about bones in human bio)

could be useful, I may have to download it anyway...:p

ThisOne
06-Apr-07, 22:23
Thanks, aws357. I'm studying "The Structure of Man" videos right now, and this is a godsend. Thanks again.

Charlesworth999
07-Apr-07, 06:23
Nicely modeled skull you got there. :yes:
Thanks for sharing!

ecgilboy
07-Apr-07, 07:02
Thanks..this will definitely gonna be useful..

aws357
07-Apr-07, 07:12
the back of the head looks a little too flat.
And where is the styloid process? (lol, we just learned about bones in human bio)

could be useful, I may have to download it anyway...:p

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/265/skull.blend

:D updated with temporal bone styloid process... (didn't even knew this sharp thing was even of anatomic importance lol... thought it was an artefact from digitalisation...)

As long as you don't ask for a pterygomaxillalobaloly fissure or a lateral blendoroid plate :p

iluvblender
07-Apr-07, 08:25
Much appreciated for sharing the skull.

Greetings,
Satish.

bookeater
07-Apr-07, 11:51
So I assume it's ok to render this for whatever we want?

aws357
07-Apr-07, 11:54
* read the previous post *

:eyebrowlift2: eh yes. I guess it is what I mean when I write I am giving it for free. No catch, no strings attached...

Why would I make pay for something like this? :D

You can do as you wish with it. I don't think the skull itself will complain and me neither :D

;)

carpenoctem
10-Oct-07, 19:44
aaw man! It won't let me download it! That would've been a real blast to use

tarkata14
10-Oct-07, 20:08
someone should upload it to Savefile.com, polorix has been hacked

patricia3d
10-Oct-07, 21:27
Its asking for User Name and Password.
?

thelowlander
11-Oct-07, 01:27
thanks for sharing.
kkrawal, that's because polorix is having some trouble due to some user's abuse, nad high costs because of that, I was rather pleasantly surprised to find that I could download it to begin.

goodguy20k
11-Oct-07, 09:29
As long as you don't ask for a pterygomaxillalobaloly fissure or a lateral blendoroid plate :p

Hey, where's the pterygomaxillalobaloly fissure and the lateral blendoroid plate? ;)

Cool model, and thanks! I have a feeling I could use it to check some head sizes...

iliketosayblah
11-Oct-07, 09:43
i think i saw this on the blender model resiprocity once.....you did make this didnt you?

aws357
11-Oct-07, 10:09
I think I did, although it's starting to get old in my memory.
I posted it anywhere people could go looking for a skull...
I m pretty sure this one .blend will be a blast for halloween ;)

thelowlander
11-Oct-07, 10:52
unfortunately it didn't download for me either, well it did, but it isn't recognised as a valid .blend file.

iliketosayblah
11-Oct-07, 11:34
well, anyway, the polarix isnt working at the moment, just search the blender model resiprocity, its there somewhere

Guitar87
11-Oct-07, 14:11
Downloading now. I was looking for something free and cool to test DoF and glow nodes. This will be perfect. Maybe I can post the results here?

Rr7x7
29-Jun-11, 17:03
The links dead dude!!!! :O create another link? plzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

GJAnders
29-Jun-11, 17:47
That's cause it's four years old.... Please don't revive dead threads

aws357
16-Oct-11, 14:44
Halloween is all about coming back from the deads. So...

A new version of the skull has been uploaded.

Hope it will be useful and stay online longer than polorix...

dleri
16-Oct-11, 19:22
Halloween is all about coming back from the deads. So...

A new version of the skull has been uploaded.

Hope it will be useful and stay online longer than polorix...

Where has it been uploaded? Personally, I'd recommend Blendswap.

Rocketman
16-Oct-11, 22:47
This is a terrific model and it's awesome that you're giving it away.

That said, I'm going to be a dick and point out that your temporomandibular joint is misaligned, your ear canal is non-existent, and there's no way you could fit an eyeball into those conical orbital cavities.

XeroShadow
16-Oct-11, 23:02

That said, I'm going to be a dick and point out that your temporomandibular joint is misaligned, your ear canal is non-existent, and there's no way you could fit an eyeball into those conical orbital cavities.

Wow... You are a "dick" I just had to reply to that!

aws357
17-Oct-11, 02:35
Where has it been uploaded? Personally, I'd recommend Blendswap.

I updated the original post. The link is way up there on megaupload.

If there are any official repository, I will be happy to add the model to avoid future link failures.

Polorix seemed solid at the time...

aws357
17-Oct-11, 05:03

:eyebrowlift: I should also add that the sutures are off, I lack all the basic canals for the nerves. The main explanation is that I lost the previous skull and had to restart from a previous less advanced version. Instead of the medical data I used before and that I can not find anymore, I used the Gray's anatomy picture found on the web :( and they are not ideal for that task.

:D But I think it will be suitable for all those who been sending "duuuude where's the skull.blend" mails to my mailbox lately (I guess 31st of october might be a good explanation).

But making a really accurate skull that could be used for medical imaging could be a good idea... I just have to get my hands on accurate MRI data... :spin:

JnZ
17-Oct-11, 05:27
I updated the original post. The link is way up there on megaupload.

If there are any official repository, I will be happy to add the model to avoid future link failures.

Polorix seemed solid at the time...

Great work!!!
I would also recomend uploading it on Blenderswap http://www.blendswap.com/
That way it will reach much more people, who may miss this thread!

Frank the Smith
18-Oct-11, 10:07
Amazing........Yesterday was digging through my old files for a skull that I once had (must be the season)......No luck.....maybe still on an old HD.........AND..... I haven't been to BA in at least a month.....busy times..........so...........THANKS ALOT.