Picture Frame Using Curves

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been playing with curves and came up with this tutorial describing how to create a simple and fancy picture frame. The techniques could also be useful for many types of architectural elements / molding etc.

I hope you find it useful.

EDIT - Updated to incorporate Pappys suggestion - Thanks again Pappy!

Picture Frame Tutorial

Attachments

1 Like

I don’t understand the initial process of converting the bezier circle to a square. Would it not be simpler to use “v” to change to vector handles and then rotate 45 degrees?

Pappy

Pappy,

That sure is a much better idea. Using your technique, it was much quicker. I used v, rotated 45 deg, then subdivided to get the center portions. When I have the time, I will update the tutorial.

Thanks for the tip!

Reviving this old, lost wisdom… at first I was all, “wow a tut that isn’t a YouTube, cool beans I will rip it out” but then I was like, “Blender’s changed but I’ll figure it out” and then had to be, “darn it I need a YouTube”.

It looks like power but I’m coming up short. “Press h twice to convert the handles to the aligned type” no dice. Would anyone care to help? It’s 11 years old but looks worth revisiting.

Thanks!

Hello Robert,

Hard to believe it has been that long…since the time I created that tutorial, I have placed a blend file on BlendSwap - direct link below. Create an account there if you don’y already have one, and you can download the blend file which includes instructions and a number of profiles ready to go.

Moulding Profiles