What the HECK IS CTRL+LMB?

I know what CTRL is but what is LMB is it only on macs? what is it on a windows keyboard?

1 Like

LMB Left Mouse Button

2 Likes

Well yea, but I think he means on the mouse. Cause most mac mouse’ only have one button and no MMB either. So what would that be?

The fact that macs have only one-button mice is a misconception. They look like one button, but actually have two, depending on which side you press (at least the recent ones are like that. Really old ones are one-button.)

So what would that be?

That would be buy a new mouse time. Mac’s mighty mouse has left and right mouse buttons and a mouse wheel.

The fact that macs have only one-button mice is a misconception.

I don’t know about this. My 2 button mighty mouse came with my computer, but as far as I’ve seen, the mac notebooks all seem to have only one button by default.

They look like one button, but actually have two, depending on which side you press

Yeah, victory of form over function. Really poor design and an impossible-to-clean trackball. But whatever, it works.

If he has a Mac, why in gods name is he asking if LMB is on a Windows keyboard? Maybe I read his question wrong. But I think he is using Windows, with a standard mouse and is just confused by the use of LMB and apposed to saying Ctrl-Click.

This was my reading as well…

lol, it was a simple question: what is the LMB? And Dichotomy answered it simply and correctly. Why do we have to go into some tangent on Mac mouses? He’s not even using a Mac… lol.

1 Like

The Mac mouse also has a left/right scrolling feature which works by sliding your finger across the top half of the mouse!

Vintage post, deep cut.

1 Like