exporting jpeg renders

Forgive the newbie question! I have looked all over the net but can not find anything on this subject. I have looked everywhere and i can not find out to export a picture after rendering it with F12. to get around this, I alt print screened the render window and imported it to photoshop. I know that is not the best why. What am I missing so my blender F12 test shots going into a directory?

I looked in the output settings under the render tab but neither of those directory links seemed to work.

Please help

as far as I know there is no way to have blender save the renders automatically, but that would be really nice. as far as just exporting a rendered image instead of screen capturing it, look under the file drop down menu at the top, it has a “save rendered image” option.

edit: hay this is my first post that was written later at night and not really long, yay me!

To have Blender save your image automatically you just render a 1 frame animation.

1. Set the start frame and end frame to 1
  2. Set the render format to jpeg
  3. Hit the large “Anim” button.

The .jpg will be saved to the tmp directory of your hard drive.

http://www.digital-air.co.uk/

after the render press F3 this will open a window to save the file
youc an also find this in the main menu
Salutations

under the file menu : File—> Save Rendered Image (also the F3 key)
also, the render settings (F10 I think) let you save it as a .jpg, png, tiff, avi, mov, etc

Thanks guys, F3 was exactly what I had in mind. Although I which it had a button rather than a key stock. Both would be ideal. And it looks like in 2.5 you can assign your own keys. Cool Stuff!