Blender Game Engine Website

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I have recently created a website for the blender game engine, it is for learning stuff about the game engine.

If anyone wants to request a tutorial, say so here.

Also, some good and bad things about the site would be appreciated.

This is a great idea. I hope that you will add more advanced tutorials.

hey i was wondering if you could make a tutorial on how to give damage

To enemy’s or yourself?

The tutorials look nice and clear. It would be great to be able to click on the screenshots to see a full size version. For ongoing tutorials I’d suggest looking at what tutorials are out there and what’s missing or outdated and aiming to “fill the gaps” more than try to write everything anyone could ever need to know. There’s a lot of Blender tutorials out there, and we can always use more, but a lot of them cover the same basic steps right at the start.

Anyway, you’re off to a good start. Keep it up, and all the best!

Hey thanks,

Thinking about it now, it probably would be good to have “fill the gaps” tutorials.
I will probably focus now on them, but any requested tutorials, I will do.

I will make the pictures clickable from now on and when I get some time I will do the first pics.

well kind of like a 2 player fighting

Ok, I’ll see what I can do!

You could try to answer some of the questions in the Blender FAQ, there’s a link to it in my sig. If you write a tutorial that answers on of the questions, I could link to it from the wiki :wink: (with your permission of course)

Good stuff! Maybe a tutorial on Rigging and animation to the BGE would be nice.

Well I didn’t look at your two tutorials because they are the basics, and just poking around the blender interface I was able to move objects easily.

Some tutorials you should get onto making that are relatively easy should be:

Mouse Look System - Which includes the script so we can C/P

3rd Person Mouse Look System - Which also includes script for C/P

Camera Parenting - A detailed explanation of what is needed and how to parent your camera for different effects or uses.

Physics and Movement - Show how to move objects using physics. For example you program movement using force, or volacity to move a ball… I’ve tried time and time again to make a simple ball move to the world x/y and it just spins/rotates to the balls x/y coordinates.

Animations and Movement - Show us how to script premade animations to the movement keys. For example you have a forward walk, and you want to activate that animation when you press w.

Well I think this will be enough for you to think out and record - any help btw will be greatly appreciated but these are the main tutorials I find that are lacking both because of being outdated, and also because of lack of resources or explanation… Like half of the ammature video tutorials I’ve seen only tell you what to do not even why, or how, just telling WHAT to do… So I’m saying make sure you don’t just blankly say “do-this-do-that” but to elaborate saying “Do-this so that this happens so you can accomplish this”

Well if you could get to those tutorials fast I’m sure you’ll get some response, I’ll also link this thread on the thread I’m currently getting together for BGE tutorials, tips, links.

Good Luck,
N00B3R

mince meat maybe you can call the comunity to help on your site instead of making all by yourself, I can help with I know and I think that some other guys can help you too, if you allready ask for help fot someone sorry I dont read all the posts, but i think that its a great idea, maybe together( the comunity) we can make one exeptional BGE site, because my problems are rarelly solved trow this forum, unfortunably.
Sorry about my english I dont speak english very well