PS3 and Controllers

A PS3, some games, and two controllers. Rendered in Indigo with an AO pass from BI.
WIP Thread

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb43/padfoot7726/ps3thumb.jpg

Hope you like. :slight_smile:

holy crap that’s ridiculously photo realistic 5*'s, should let it render longer still got some grain though, fantastic work!

While the render itself (without grain) is photorealistic, the controllers could use some major work. They’re not true to the PS3 controllers.

Still, amazing render :slight_smile:

WOW!!

too realistic…really I took few seconds to understand :slight_smile:

Awesome render. I agree though, the controllers don’t quite look right.

several things are off the controllers are not quiet the PS3 slim ones the look off. the two buttons on the console(power and eject) are flush, the don’t stick out like you have them doing atm. the PS3 writing is actually cut inwards it doesn’t stick out. I have a feeling the last one might have been done as a way out of doing some tricky modeling working.

where ever you are your PS3 games come in different packaging than the ones we have here; we get it in the hard clear plastic jewel case similar to music cd casing the don’t look like the black plastic dvd casing you normally get and have at the moment.

Too noisy. The controllers are a bit flat.

Yeah, the buttons on the front are actually almost flush with the system, but I think they look taller because of the reflection in the plastic. And, the logo being raised instead of embossed was very much because having it embossed was pretty impossible to model.

Could you point you some of the ways the controllers differ from the real thing? I know they aren’t spot on, but they are a relatively difficult form to model compared to the console, and I was mostly lacking any good reference images other than top down.

HOLY! CRAP! that’s freaking AMAZING! the only thing is the controller is sorta flat for a PS3 controller

thats a realllly thin wire for a controller. other than that i think its cool. besides, i thought the controllers were bluetooth.