Page 1 of 21 123 11 ... LastLast

Elpis the game (New screenshots! Armour)

Most recent post HERE

The game was at first called Triskle (Celtic symbol for protection), but now it’s called Elpis (Spirit of Hope from Greek) the game is your classic adventure game. The 4 sages of your village fought in a great war, they lost the battle and got captured by Van Hagen (an ancient disciple of your master). 2 of those sages are your parents, so after you are all grown up you decide to save all of them and return order to the village. We know it’s cliché but I’d really like to make it.
    Your master is the ancient sage leader and all of his knowledge was passed down to Van Hagen (making him extremely powerful) he got angry for not being the next in line to become the Sage Leader and became mad with power. At some part of the story you are told that you were the “chosen one” that is why you were protected by all the sages. So as they saved your life when you were little, you will have to save theirs.

• The Player
      Weapon: Sword, Bow, Magic

• Phiro (Firebender, your father)
      Weapon: double swords

• Glacias (Ice elemental, your mother)
      Weapon: Ice Rod or spear

• Razor (Airbender)
      Weapon : Axe

• Cefeu (Sage’s Guardian, your master)
      Weapon: Mystical sword (Ultimate blade)

• Van Hagen (something like zasalamel from soul caliber 4)
      Weapon: Death Scythe

Thanks for your time
    Nycholas Weissberg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nweissberg; 31-Oct-14 at 01:10.

Looking the video the game looks just perfect!
    Economy of resources ( good for Blender engine) yet efficiently used!
    Consistent and nice graphics, all over the level!
    Sophisticated and nicely made player setup!
    Well...A BIG bravo!!
    Bye

Thanks man I really liked your comment OTO
    xD
    It makes me really happy to know that the blender users like the game
    Thank you very much

Will it run on GNU/Linux?

Thanks kernel_script
    I’m not sure, but I really like linux, I think it will be nice to have it in all platforms (I’ll just have to study more)

Originally Posted by nweissberg View Post
    Thanks kernel_script
    I’m not sure, but I really like linux, I think it will be nice to have it in all platforms (I’ll just have to study more)
    Nice. Please do thinkg about it. The port is really easy with Blender, and you'll have a more broad audience too.

do you know where I can get this port?
    Just só I can study it

do you know where I can get this port?
    Just só I can study it
    Oh no, "Port" comes from "Porting", the process of modifying software so as to make it compatible with other operating system and/or hardware architectures. It's not a software but a act, the act of creating a binary or source code that can run in many platforms (Operating Systems or Game Consoles). That's called Porting (See Wikipedia for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porting ). To port to GNU/Linux for example, you just need to download (for free, as in freedom and free beer) some good GNU/Linux distribution, like Ubuntu for example, install Blender, open your game main source .blend in Blender and export it as a standalone application, it will create a binary form that can run on any GNU/Linux distribution. I don't have a Mac, nor never used one, but I think this process may be very similar on a Mac too.

If you're using programming techniques like C++ or heavy Python work on your game, and have many .c or .py files, you may need extra steps to port it, but I don't really know. It's just a guess. I'm not a programmer.

But if you're only using Blender Game Engine, I think the port will be really really easy and simple to do, like I've said in the first paragraph.
    Last edited by Cristiano Vitorino; 28-Dec-09 at 10:01.

Wohooo \o/
    Thanks for the info
    I’ll try to make it compatible for linux

Wohooo \o/
    Thanks for the info
    I’ll try to make it compatible for linux
    You're welcome man, I that thank you for the interest in porting it to GNU/Linux

Amazing job, one of the best things I've seen in the BGE. And congrats for making it on blendernation.
    - One day they woke me up so I could live forever
    - Youtube: VFX shorts, check it out!

Thx
    It was a very long effort to get into Blendernation
    Thank you very much for the incentive

I’ll be gone till day 7
    Bye to all
    See you in 2010

As a note, I'm speaking from the perspective of a gamer:

-That AI may be improved, but it needs to be reworked. The goblins are too slow, they don't notice you from a reasonable distance, and there is not 'group mind'. When one goblin notices you, they should ALL notice you. Mmph! actually had a very good example of this using logic bricks (back in the day). He programed several different behavior patterns in bugs like wasps, spiders etc.

-The crate needs to be set on solid, and the normal map needs to be modified. It looks more like a painted rock as is.

-The animations are still very messy--not to mention the fact that the main character walks around like he's wounded.

-Very pretty scenery thus far. I like the feeling of the open field, but some trees would always be nice.

peace,
    -nick
    *New* Blender Texture Pack | 128x128 Texture Pack

"You could call Bill Gates a compassionate Pimp"
    -Al Capone

Hello, I accidentally posted in the old thread before I realized that there was a new one. I will gladly throw in some models and do a few levels for you if you want.
    "As always, my opinions are opinions, a few of many on a vast internet and should be taken with a mine of salt."
    - Palasx (from GBATemp.net)

Very nice! I love it. I would add a simple death animation though, instead of the explosion. You get the feeling that the goblin is just dissapearing.
    Check out my Turbosquid items!
    http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/Dawisch

Got a question for me? Try Google, he's a lot smarter than I am!

Originally Posted by yournamehere View Post
    As a note, I'm speaking from the perspective of a gamer:

-That AI may be improved, but it needs to be reworked. The goblins are too slow, they don't notice you from a reasonable distance, and there is not 'group mind'. When one goblin notices you, they should ALL notice you. Mmph! actually had a very good example of this using logic bricks (back in the day). He programed several different behavior patterns in bugs like wasps, spiders etc.

-The crate needs to be set on solid, and the normal map needs to be modified. It looks more like a painted rock as is.

-The animations are still very messy--not to mention the fact that the main character walks around like he's wounded.

-Very pretty scenery thus far. I like the feeling of the open field, but some trees would always be nice.

peace,
    -nick
    Hello yournamehere First of all this is a WORK IN PROGRESS game not a finished product.
    I’m not trying to discredit your comments and suggestions, but before you post such small and hateful details you should show me how YOU did it, because if I haven’t fixed the animations maybe that’s because I don’t see nothing wrong with it or I don’t have time to do it.

So be sure that when you post one of mine mistake show me how YOU would fix it
    And the AI WORKING ON IT
    PEACE BACK!!!

Banned Member
    Looks very good. Reminds me of A mmorpg I once played. Don't remember what it's called. As the other guy said, when you shoot one goblin all of them should run at you. And the explosion death looks a bit weird. Also the level seems a bit weird to me. Isn't it suppose to be linear. Like a point A and a point B? That is what is negative.

Graphics looks absolutely awesome I think. The player model looks great, a real prince like character. With his sword and shield. The animations looks good I think. The HUD is good looking too. And the graphics of the level looks very good. The sky with that sun was awesome. And the music had a nice tune.

5/5, looks like a good rival to the Krum game below. Your character looks better than Krum I think. Also you could add some trees maybe to the level. And it looks like he is on a island? What would fit perfectly for that music and the island. Would be some of these rocks.

I like the visual style more than the style of Krum. Krum was so dark and foggy. Nice work nweissberg. I'd say: "Keep it up!"

Hello yournamehere First of all this is a WORK IN PROGRESS game not a finished product.
    I’m not trying to discredit your comments and suggestions, but before you post such small and hateful details you should show me how YOU did it, because if I haven’t fixed the animations maybe that’s because I don’t see nothing wrong with it or I don’t have time to do it.

So be sure that when you post one of mine mistake show me how YOU would fix it
    And the AI WORKING ON IT
    PEACE BACK!!!
    Just note that yournamehere wasn't trying to insult you or your work he was trying to make it better through constructive criticism

I like your game, graphics look good and the gameplay looks pretty cool too, I don't like how the goblins explode when they die though, are you planning on keeping that or will you do a dying animation?
    "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." - George W Bush

Page 1 of 21 123 11 ... LastLast