Save / Load Dialog

This is a problem I’ve dealt with by ignoring it for along time. But now I’m at the breaking point.

The Blender Save/Load Dialog always appears in a different panel.

Let’s say I have my screen split in thirds: 3d Area Left, UV Image Mapper Right, and Tools bottom.

Randomly and unexpectedly the Save Dialog will appear in anyone of these.

In my current instance, the if I Save my work, it appears Top-Left, like it should. But if I export a model, it appears on the Bottom bar, which is hardly enough room to see it.

Usually Blender is pretty good at making sure that it always appears Top-Left, but sometimes on some projects it changes without warning.

How can I ensure that it doesn’t appear in a ridiculous place?

fyi, I tried searching this but I didn’t know how to query it to get results.

Thanks
-Greg

Surprising

In my case it always was opening in the top left.

Somebody asked this question about a month ago and I remember a thread on the old .nl boards (I think it was) called “Fooling the File Browser”. I spent hours on archive.org trying to find it but never did. Anyhow, whoever it was explained why it happened (which I don’t remember), but the solution was to create a one-window screen and use Ctrl-arrow and save only in that screen.

If I had to guess who posted it - probably Joerie Kassenaar or Carsten Wartman, but its just a guess. Maybe you could PM one of them on blender.org.

%<