Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sintel The Game

Sintel The Game

Over the past couple of months, my team and I have been hard at work at our next BGE project.

Today, we are proud to announce Sintel The Game.

Sintel The Game is a third person RPG game based off the Durian project "Sintel" (if you haven't guessed already). Our game takes place during the events of the movie. We've spoken with the director of Sintel and based our plot off of the movie's plot.

We wanted the game's story to fit in with the movie as best we can. You play as Sintel, who stumbles across the small city of Garway, where Sintel runs into a range of interesting characters who lead her down a path of adventure, action, and mystery. The gameplay involves fighting, completing missions and exploring the city.

The gameplay will be relatively short; we are shooting for around 2 - 3 hours of total gameplay. There are side missions and collectable items to improve the replay value. Everything is subject to change, as we alter bits of the plot frequently.

The whole game is made with library linking, so every model is easily accessible and the artist can alter one mesh, and all the instances of that object are also updated. This has been a very important part of our design process (I highly recommend looking into it).

As of right now, we have a lot of our assets put together. The story is in its final stages, gameplay mechanics are coming together, but as always, there are still loads of work to be done. I'm not sure when its going to be done, but I'm aiming for the end of summer. I'll update this thread as we inch on.

If you are looking for ways to contribute, were open to mission ideas or you can 'like' the game on Facebook.

We are recruiting a Character Modeler as well as an Animator, if you are interested, PM me and we'll talk business.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by johnyman; 27-Jun-10 at 15:13. Reason: changed image server, again.

Awesome!

Hmm, it looks great man! One of the most promising looking projects that I have seen in a while, just keep with it! Now I have a movie AND a game to look forward to!

Keep up the good work!

-Andrew
    Last edited by wshbrn91; 12-May-10 at 21:48.

WOW! I'm so exited about this! From the makers of the original Monkey Game Project!?! This looks awesome. I'm friends with one of the guys who helped with MGP (stu flowers) and I know that game was great for it's time I hope this is another quality game like it. Can't wait!!!
    Check out my Turbosquid items!
    http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/Dawisch

Got a question for me? Try Google, he's a lot smarter than I am!

I was in the monkey game project! Lol. Looks great

Awesome! Will definitely buy the DVD if/when available.

This looks great. Are you also using Blender 2.5 for this?

Shadows

Please, can you tell me, how did you done that shadows? Are you using spot light? or script for sun light?
    Thanks

Sorry for my English

res

And pleaseeeeee, can you tell me/send me a script for changing resolutions?
    I tryed finding it on whole internet, but I didnt found anything.

PLEASEE PLEASEE PLEASEE PLEASEE PLEASEE PLEASEE

WOW that looks AWESOME! Really looks fantastic

And that library linking sounds awesome, gonna look it up.

@andrew-101: We originally planned to use 2.5, but had to switch to 2.49b for a couple of reasons. Mainly because 2.5 is always updating, and even though its super cool, its still in alpha. I don't think we would have been able to make a complete game. Maybe next time

@yokozuna404: The library level test and pre-vis shadows are done with a spot lamp and the market shadows are baked to help ease off the Rasterizer. I learned how to change resolution from this thread. It may seem hard to understand at first, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

@JESUSFRK14: I love library linking. I can't imagine making this game without it. here is a good tutorial. I can't recommend it enough, plus its easy!

And to everyone else, thank you for the support! It really helps. Are you guys as excited for the Sintel trailer as I am?

I'm excited about the trailer, but seeing as i've allready seen it... not as much as you guys

Looks awesome! What license will this game be released under? *Crosses fingers for non-viral like CC-BY*.... (Yo Frankie! License)

Well, this game looks pretty promising.
    The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins. It always wins because it is everywhere. Walk in the midday sun and the dark is with you, attached to the soles of your feet. The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

Originally Posted by johnyman View Post

@JESUSFRK14: I love library linking. I can't imagine making this game without it. here is a good tutorial. I can't recommend it enough, plus its easy!

And to everyone else, thank you for the support! It really helps. Are you guys as excited for the Sintel trailer as I am?
    Yeah it sounds cool! But that link is for screen sizes.. am I missing something? lol

And the trailer was COOOL!

awesome! but will this work with multi texture materials because my pc doesnt support GLSL

ivan2340 This will work with GLSL and without, that is part of what the quality setting does.
    VirtualAnvil --> HERE

""I am a PC and I like life without walls."
    In a life without walls, where do you put Windows and Gates?"

good looking. will this be shared like yo frankie ?

@Starclopsofish and cihanahitabe: Yes, the game will be released under the same license, as MGP More info on the license:

@JESUSFRK14: http://www.yofrankie.org/tutorial-library-linking/ Thats odd, it works fine for me?

@ivan2340: We wanted to make sure people can play the game whether or not they had GLSL. The game is setup to have both a GLSL mode and a non GLSL mode.

Last edited by johnyman; 27-Jun-10 at 15:15.

Interesting.. works now. But thanks for the link

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast