Star Trek: Blender, a new Blender site

A new Blender site is complete:
I present
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Star Trek: Blender :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The site for 3D Star Trek models, tutorials, galleries and Star Trek gaming.
Visit it now: http://www.angelfire.com/trek/blender
Send me your feedback,
Rashid Al-Marri

WOW! Fantastic! :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been waiting my whole life for a Blender site like this! Keep you great work up! :smiley:

Not bad, not bad - phasers and shields tut is pretty good 8)

Ok, this is a room full of gold pressed latinum to a Ferengi ror me! I’ve been looking for decent trek models in the blender format, but have never found any. Thanks a lot, live long and prosper!

Hey Locutus of Borg,

Great site! I’m downloading some of the meshes as I speak.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that you used a pic of Janeway (My least favourite ST captain) for the Nav bar.

Tutes are good, layout is good - In short, great!

Dave.

Nice site!
I like the tuts, more ideas to play with.

Great Site!
I’m downloading the DS9 model…

Lars

Well, I’m glad to see everyone linked the site, but I would like to see what you all have done with the 3D models, if you could post or send me some pics!
As for the design :wink: , Janeway wasn’t my favourite, either, I originally wanted to put more characters, like Sisko, Kirk and Picard, but I didn’t find any stand-up pics (to fit the design), I actually found a pic of Archer (from the new series) so I might look around.
I was surprised by how everyone replied in just a few hours, but I hope people follow me and build their own sites like that!
But I wish to note, did anybody look at the gaming page? The games aren’t Blender, but if you’re a Trekkie (or Trekker), you’ll love it.
Rashid Al-Marri

Nice site :slight_smile:

Never made a ST modelling myself…

Stefano

That’s a really good site I admit, but the pop up ads are a bit annoying. Doesn’t Angelfire give you some code so that you can imbed them into your page?

The models and image gallery is great, but I haven’t looked at your tutorials yet. Keep up the good work!

Very nice.
I’ve got some of the models, but only ever got round to converting one or two to use in Blender. This should save a lot of people a lot of time.

The tutes on the effects look interesting too. I’ll have to have a play around when I’ve got a bit of time to spare.

Well, the only reason I couldn’t change the ads was because I have frames, if I did put them the other way, the whole thing would be messed up.
If anybody has a suggestion for a good website provider (with no ads, plenty of space and NO FILE SIZE LIMITS), then please e-mail me.
Thank you,
Locutus Of Borg,
Resistance Is Futile.

Well that signature looked crap! :x :x :x

Nice work man!!!
I had thought a while back of making a Blender ST site, but you beat me to it Bows :wink:
What all do you have planed for the site??? I had thought about banding some ppl together that are down with the trek to make a (short) episode of our own, i would love to design some hype uniforms, more battle ready like Elite Force (tho iv not played that, pent 200, nuff said).
I’d totally be willing to write or co-write the episode and do some of the modeling and animation. Would anyone one else like to do that, how about you Locutus? Nice site btw, i will visit it once and a bit no doubt. :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

PS: I’ve done one Trek pic to date, pic iz at :
http://www.stormpages.com/bapsis/ent.html

(I know its not the best, specially the hallo’z around the sun, moon and earth, but im still fairly new to 3D. :wink:

Funny thing, I was thinking about doing a Star Trek project, I came up with a simple plot, but at first, I was hoping to do an Elite Force Mod, with Blender cutscenes, but it was SO HARD using Radient, that I gave up! I thought I could just do a short film in Blender, but for now, my project is Star Trek: Blender, once the site is 100% completed, I will start on something.
But what I really want is for people to take the models off the site, or try converting their own, or even modeling their own and do animations and pics themselves!
I liked the Enterprise pic, but if you visit my gallery (on the site), you will see a few pics that I did in Blender with the models (to fill up the space), if anyone does anything similar to them (not just posing pics :slight_smile: ), then please send them in, because I would really like that!

kool(!) site!!

i dont like startwars… or was it startrek? (i dont see the difference :wink: ) , but i like u’re site - nice job

Tom

i’m trying to make some star trek ships, but i can’t find any pictures to trace, or any textures of ships. could you tell me a site where i could find some?

I’ve got a conversion of KennyZ’s NX-01 at my site (Accepted as the best model of the NX-01,and my convertion meets the creators approoval) at www.b5-blender.com :slight_smile:

damn hell this is my new fav site !