Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Originally Posted by vicentecarro View Post
    I've downloaded the soc-2010-merwin and It doesn't compile in Ubuntu 10.10
    Can someone compile a linux x64/ubuntu 10.10 x64 version and share it?
    Is it even finished this project? Do we have to wait until soc-2011?
    I think it was finished but like all the gsoc projects it has to wait until a stable version of Blender comes out before it is included right now the focus seems to be on bug fix and getting stuff on the todo list done. In the bmesh thread that was locked down, you will find a post from Ton that says he is planning to update the Blender road map, so when that comes out the picture will hopefully be clear.
    I have 500 bad drawings in me before the good ones. And I have 365 to go, here they are.

Last time I contacted Erwin (the dev guy) it was not yet finished. I have asked him recently to look at this thread so maybe he'll enlighten the situation for us a bit

Originally Posted by vicentecarro View Post
    I've downloaded the soc-2010-merwin and It doesn't compile in Ubuntu 10.10
    Can someone compile a linux x64/ubuntu 10.10 x64 version and share it?
    Is it even finished this project? Do we have to wait until soc-2011?
    Are you using CMake or scons? I think Mike uses CMake and to get the patch working, you need to use CMake.

Did you use the following directions?: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/De...x/Ubuntu/CMake http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/De...x/Ubuntu/CMake

Perhaps if you can post the build errors here we can figure it out.
    Loop Duplicate
    Program Programmer for Burning Token Records http://www.BurningTokenRecords.com
    I Love Ubuntu

couldn't build soc-2010-merwin either

I just tried and couldn't build it on Ubuntu 10.10 x64 either
    Loop Duplicate
    Program Programmer for Burning Token Records http://www.BurningTokenRecords.com
    I Love Ubuntu

Hi all, sorry again for not having all this finished by now. Non-blender jobs and non-fancy blender bug fixing keep getting in the way!

It's not finished, but it does work! Plenty more can be done at the UI/operator/tool level to make a great SpaceNav work flow.

This won't make it into the official release until 2.6 is stable. I've been working on a big tablet patch for that day, but most of you want SpaceNav more, yes? It's not "pick one or the other" -- but help me prioritize!

The current soc-2010-merwin branch includes SpaceNav patches from Tom Acunzo (3D navigation) and Rafael Ortis (Linux support), so there's no need to hunt those down and apply them.

Can't think of anything specific to 64-bit Linux that would present a problem. I've always used scons to build, on Win XP, Ubuntu 10.10 (32 and 64 bit), PowerMac and Intel Mac. You need the 'lib' directory for your platform, same as when building the trunk, and the usual dependencies.

Another summer of code would be delightful, but I'd have to sign up for a class somewhere to be eligible. I'm on staff at the university doing scientific graphics programming -- don't think that's "student" enough for Google.

Mike

I'm really looking forward to using my SapceNavigator within Blender, I really miss it know.

Donating Member
    significant-bit,

if you provide a patch it might be able to go in before the next release, since a lot of your work fixes 'bugs'. Just put the patch in the tracker and assign to Nathan Letwory/JesterKing - particularly the 'bug fix' parts - ie the 'go straight' bug among others.

Guys, I'm lost here - so, even if Mike won't manage to add that to the next release. Is it possible to download an un-official version supporting SpaceNav or not (binaries - not source code)? Doesn't matter if it's Win or Linux.

Hey guys! I just won a SpacePilot PRO via twitter! So expect me to do lots of bug hunting and writing a review focussed on Blender .

Hi people! It took me a while to get around, but I just had to join this thread to give my 2 cents.

I myself have a working windows 32 build. It took me a week of digging through the code and changing some of the syntax, which was incompatible with MSVC 2010. I know nothing about programming, so I can't really explain how I did it...but I believe that doesn't matter. I tried it out and it does indeed work, but only a little bit. It's nothing like the plugin for 2.49 yet, and it kills me that we're so close, and yet so far from a fully functional solution.

I also heard that Kishalmi will be adding support for the SN through SDL's joystick, and that Rafael Ortis was also determined to pick up where Mike had left off. Blender 2.57, with 3dconnexion support. We're so close, I know you guys can do it!

Hey guys, does anyone of you still have an older build of this project on his hard drive? Unfortunately graphicall doesn't have any older soc builds :/.

Donating Member
    bummer that you weren't able to apply this year. Hopefully we will be able to get your code into trunk soon.

Hey peeps,

If any are interested I "hacked" a solution to get fluid 3Dconnexion motion in Blender 2.5 using their latest drivers. I'm not a pro Blender user but I've been using it for a month and it meets my needs, have a look at the post/thread:
    http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...=1#post1824314

Would love to hear your feedback, but keep it in that thread not to hijack this one

A few months have passed since my last try so I've started a new try from scratch.
    This time I'm in Ubuntu 11.04 64bits.
    I've downloaded the branch:
    Code:
    svn co https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/soc-2010-merwin/
    I've installed the spacenav libraries:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libspnav-dev libspnav0 spacenavd
    Then I compiled the code:
    Code:
     cd svn-merwin/
     python scons/scons.py -j4
    But, in the last part of the compile, when installing the compiled files I get this error:
    Code:
    Install file: "release/scripts/ui/space_graph.py" as "/home/vicente/aplicaciones/blender/svn-merwin/install/linux2/2.53/scripts/ui/space_graph.py"
    /home/vicente/aplicaciones/blender/svn-merwin/build/linux2/lib/libbf_ghost.a(GHOST_WindowX11.o): In function `GHOST_WindowX11::GHOST_WindowX11(GHOST_SystemX11*, _XDisplay*, STR_String const&, int, int, unsigned int, unsigned int, GHOST_TWindowState, int, GHOST_TDrawingContextType, bool, unsigned short)':
    GHOST_WindowX11.cpp:(.text+0x1d80): undefined reference to `spnav_x11_open'
    /home/vicente/aplicaciones/blender/svn-merwin/build/linux2/lib/libbf_ghost.a(GHOST_WindowX11.o): In function `GHOST_WindowX11::~GHOST_WindowX11()':
    GHOST_WindowX11.cpp:(.text+0x247b): undefined reference to `spnav_close'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    Install file: "release/scripts/ui/space_nla.py" as "/home/vicente/aplicaciones/blender/svn-merwin/install/linux2/2.53/scripts/ui/space_nla.py"
    Install file: "release/scripts/ui/properties_physics_fluid.py" as "/home/vicente/aplicaciones/blender/svn-merwin/install/linux2/2.53/scripts/ui/properties_physics_fluid.py"
    scons: *** [/home/vicente/aplicaciones/blender/svn-merwin/build/linux2/bin/blender] Error 1
    Install file: "release/scripts/ui/properties_game.py" as "/home/vicente/aplicaciones/blender/svn-merwin/install/linux2/2.53/scripts/ui/properties_game.py"
    scons: building terminated because of errors.
    Ideas for fixing this?

Donating Member
    Hmm it might not be looking for libspacenav and spacenav dev it the right location - you might try compiling with cmake and see if that works.

Donating Member
    just realized - you are using the wrong branch use -
    Code:
    svn co https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/merwin-tablet-2
    the branch you picked got 'broken' by accident (failed to merge some stuff from head) so he rebranched.

Ok, I tried with cmake following this http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/De...x/Ubuntu/CMake.
    The output looks normal and the "blender" binary was correctly done in the build/bin/ folder.
    However the make install command fails:
    Code:
    $ make install 
    [  5%] Built target bf_audaspace
    [here a lot of percentage lines]
    [100%] Built target blender
    Install the project...
    -- Install configuration: ""
    -- Installing: /usr/local/bin/blender
    CMake Error at source/creator/cmake_install.cmake:38 (FILE):
      file INSTALL cannot copy file
      "/home/vicente/aplicaciones/blender/svn-merwin/build/bin/./blender" to
      "/usr/local/bin/blender".
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
      cmake_install.cmake:40 (INCLUDE)

make: *** [install] Error 1
    Looks like it's trying to really install blender in /usr/bin instead of creating the install folder as scons does.
    [updated]:Finally I "installed" it changing the portable flag:
    Code:
    cmake ../soc-2010-merwin/ -DWITH_INSTALL_PORTABLE=OFF -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/vicente/aplicaciones/blender/svn-merwin/install
    Now it compiles but there is no "install" folder. I can launch blender from the binary folder and it works.
    Sadly there is no clue of 3D Space Navigator at all. What should I see? an option in the User preferences? camera/objects moving if I move the Navigator? Anything else?
    Last edited by vicentecarro; 11-May-11 at 19:22. Reason: updated

Donating Member
    did you see my updated comment? make sure you are using the right branch you can do 'sudo make install' also to allow it to go into there, or you can use the cmake settings to choose the output location

Ouch! Thanks I go to try it

Bad luck. I got a new error:
    Code:
    Linking CXX executable ../../bin/blender
    ../../lib/libbf_intern_ghost.a(GHOST_SystemX11.cpp.o): In function `GHOST_SystemX11::init()':
    GHOST_SystemX11.cpp:(.text+0x66e): undefined reference to `GHOST_TabletManagerX11::GHOST_TabletManagerX11(GHOST_SystemX11*)'
    ../../lib/libbf_intern_ghost.a(GHOST_SystemX11.cpp.o): In function `GHOST_SystemX11::createWindow(STR_String const&, int, int, unsigned int, unsigned int, GHOST_TWindowState, GHOST_TDrawingContextType, bool, unsigned short, int)':
    GHOST_SystemX11.cpp:(.text+0x99b): undefined reference to `GHOST_TabletManagerX11::becomeTabletAware(unsigned long)'
    ../../lib/libbf_intern_ghost.a(GHOST_SystemX11.cpp.o): In function `GHOST_SystemX11::processEvent(_XEvent*)':
    GHOST_SystemX11.cpp:(.text+0x2194): undefined reference to `GHOST_TabletManagerX11::MotionEvent'
    GHOST_SystemX11.cpp:(.text+0x21ba): undefined reference to `GHOST_TabletManagerX11::convertEvent(_XEvent*)'
    GHOST_SystemX11.cpp:(.text+0x21d6): undefined reference to `GHOST_TabletManagerX11::ProxInEvent'
    GHOST_SystemX11.cpp:(.text+0x21fc): undefined reference to `GHOST_TabletManagerX11::pickupTool(_XEvent*)'
    GHOST_SystemX11.cpp:(.text+0x220e): undefined reference to `GHOST_TabletManagerX11::ProxOutEvent'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [bin/blender] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [source/creator/CMakeFiles/blender.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    I've tried scons and cmake with the same result (maybe some lines are different but there is a problem with GHOST_TabletManagerX11)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast