My Blender 2.5 Interface is Mostly Empty

In an attempt to solve a problem with Blender 2.49, I tried Blender 2.5 Beta. However, after reading and watching some tutorials on the new interface, I’ve noticed that my interface is relatively blank compared to everyone else. All the boxes are there, but most of the boxes have no buttons. Some of the various keyboard commands, like ‘T’, hide and show the side panel, but the side panel is always empty. Other keyboard commands and some of the entries in the pop up command search box, do not work.

I’ve attached a screen shot of the default scene that Blender loads with.

This situation exists in both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the software and I run Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium.

Is there something I’m missing or is this an issue with Blender?

Attachments

Maybe this will provide some more information. The Blender Console window has a bunch of messages like this:

RNA_int_set: OperatorProperties.value not found.
search for unknown operator WM_OT_context_set_int, WM_OT_context_set_int
RNA_string_set: OperatorProperties.data_path not found.

The interface is built up from python scripts. Blender cannot find them, make sure you don’t have any weird characters in the file path or in the user preferences file paths, select the scripts folder manually

How did you install Blender 2.53? Did you build it yourself, use the Windows installer etc.

Had this bug too.
Happens when you run Blender as a different user as who installed it (Windows).
Reason: The blender folder in User-Folder / Appdata /Roaming is required but only there for the user who installed it
Workaround: Always run Blender as the primary user (Run as Administrator) or: Copy the Blender Foundation folder from Appdata/Roaming of the primary user to your account’s folder

Anyway, having files needed by every user in only one users private folder kinda blows…
No idea why this was implemented this dumb way

I installed it through the Windows Installer.

I normally run as a non-administrator in Windows 7, so I am required to enter a password when I need to install something. As a result, Blender as installed by the admin account and not by my normal account.

kderh’s solution worked and this issue has been resolved. I just copied the blender folder from my admin’s account directory to my directory.

The same thing is happening to me. I will be working on something and the interface will go completely blank. And on a seperate account on this PC that I use, the interface always starts out blank.

@therealnoz

Try kderh’s solution from earlier in this thread. That will probably solve the issue of the other account’s interface being blank. I’m not sure what to say about the problem with the interface just disappearing though.

I was having the same issue and then I right clicked blender icon and Ran program as admin, all my buttons came back!

yup copying the User-Folder / Appdata /Roaming / Blender Foundation worked for me too.
(2.57b)

I have this same problem on my mac. 2.93.2

I am still confused with the answers. How do i do this on a mac?

if i rick click on the icon, there is no option to run program as admin. I don’t understand this.