Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Originally Posted by Ace Dragon View Post
    The best thing to do for the wings is to give them a thickness, even if Dragon wing membranes are a thin surface in spots.

Doing this will avoid normal problems with subsurf and not mess up the normals when you need to recalculate them.
    did a test by making a very thin cube and subdived and suburfed it than added armatures to it.

OK I am going make the wings have 2 sides

Main wings now have 2 sides and look good subsurfed

Change that default blue! Otherwise it seems as though you're making good progress. He does seem a little too flat though - I know that it's meant to be a "flat" position when you rig it, but for example i hardly see a ridge between the body and wing join. A similar section is the tail, which sticks out like a cone (as compared to smoothly tapering down), is it meant to be like that?
    The ThoughtScore Project - My current project
    thinkMoult.com - My blog
    WIPUP.org - a fun, open-source, easy way to share your works-in-progresses for the community! Try it out today!

And you said you never created any 3d objects before now? I don't believe you!

Originally Posted by XeroShadow View Post
    And you said you never created any 3d objects before now? I don't believe you!
    After watching DreamWorks HTTYD I felt like trying learn to make 3d models I found blender and started working on making a Night Fury.
    Here is my youtube channel http://youtube.com/v3dgames

Update on the wings

New Tail & wings looking SO much better XD, that should give you better deformation when rigging ...
    (Btw, have you worked on the paws yet? )
    私は 白熱 の 真珠 です。私は 徳 の 鏡鑑 です。

Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    New Tail & wings looking SO much better XD, that should give you better deformation when rigging ...
    (Btw, have you worked on the paws yet? )
    yes but they need lots of work still

The new tail fin clearly shows why it's always good practice for all thin surfaces to have a front and back side.

It's a major improvement indeed.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Need Cycles materials / node setups: Get them here

update - wings

working on eye socket / eye lid again

The new topology for the tail & wings looks good , though I'd add some more loops between the start of the membrane to the "loose" part in the tail, to make the polys more square-like (also it would allow for better softbody simulation if you plan to use it that is)...
    & the eye is looking nice, though a view of the full head would give a better idea of how they work with the rest of model
    私は 白熱 の 真珠 です。私は 徳 の 鏡鑑 です。

update on the eye lid

Last edited by v3d; 15-Nov-10 at 12:49.

messing with uv mapping

Wow, that's stupendous for a start! Either you're a superfast learner or you've been eating, sleeping and drinking Blender from the start. It took months for me to start doing something productive in Blender.
    My Blender works-
    Chemistry || Microbot || You Don't Love Me No More || The Jump (Short Animation)

Last edited by v3d; 16-Nov-10 at 08:51.

Originally Posted by agentmilo View Post
    Wow, that's stupendous for a start! Either you're a superfast learner or you've been eating, sleeping and drinking Blender from the start.
    Both lol

Amazing just amazing, wish i had such a great start with blender.

Btw, is the song in the video from the soundtrack or is it something completely different?
    Vimeo - YouTube - Twitter - FaceBook
    SMCars - Deviant Art - My Website and Portfolio
    Note: Please don't be afraid to give honest critique on my work

Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Amazing just amazing, wish i had such a great start with blender.

Btw, is the song in the video from the soundtrack or is it something completely different?
    parts of
    How To Train Your Dragon Soundtrack: 6 The Dragon Book
    How To Train Your Dragon Soundtrack: 3 The Downed Dragon
    How To Train Your Dragon Soundtrack: 19 Ready The Ships
    How To Train Your Dragon Soundtrack: 9 New Tail
    Last edited by v3d; 16-Nov-10 at 09:16.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast