How to do in blender 2.5 the same thing that the bone weight copy script in 2.49 ?

Hello,
Can somebody explain me how to do in blender 2.5 the same thing that do the script bone weight copy in 2.49. Because I don’t understand how to do it ?

Thanks a lot.

Hergosc

I’ve tested to use the script bone weight copy in 2.49 for a cloth and append this in 2.5 and it works. I do the same thing for other parts and it was good.

But It is a bastard solution, I’d prefer to use a solution without use blender 2.49. If it is possible in blender 2.49, it must be in 2.5

Hergosc

I’ve never used this script so am I correct in that it copied vertex weights from one object to another ?
If so this can be done in blender 2.56 activating the ‘Copy Attributes’ addon from the user preferences. Ctrl+C allows you then to copy numerous attributes including Vertex Weights from one object to another.

I’ve tried to do this with the “Copy Attributes” with a model makehuman character and cloth and it don’t work. I’ve this message 'objects have different vertex counts, doing nothing.

Hergosc

This is not necessarily a valid assumption. Most if not all 2.4x scripts have been broken (or at least bent) by 2.5 because the API has been extensively re-written, making the 2.4x script calls invalid. I recall seeing somewhere (unfortunately I don’t recall where) a method of revising 2.4x scripts for 2.5x, so in some cases it’s not a complete re-write that’s needed, but afaik some changes must be made to all 2.4x scripts.

And iirc, vertex weight copying in 2.4x required the objects to have the same vertex counts as well.

It did not. I know this because I’ve been using it to rig clothes to different body meshes since around September of 2008. It’s deeply frustrating to find this is the case in 2.57 and I now have to create a chimeric multi-version workflow to have access to features that have been around for years.