Challenge #420 (04/03/11) CLOSED

Theme #420 for 4 March 2011 is: Edge of the World

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 Monday 7 March 2011.

This looks like we could get a few interesting images with this topic :slight_smile:

Just a question. If you use textures from the net, that aren’t strictly yours, can your image still be pure?(if you own everything else)

…Yes.

“Borderline”

Here’s mine, I’ll work more on in if I find the time to.

Everything is pure blender, except the background from cgtextures (http://www.cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=18925&PHPSESSID=eefdc6c9114bd05644969db0cb4cf981) modified with photoshop.

Hello i have stupid question (im new to blender Artists). Can everyone take part at this challenge? And if i would take part where do i post my image? And do i have to register?

Yes, simon, anyone can participate. Just post your image right here and thats it. Maybe give it a caption.
No need to worry about the quality of work or anything, i entered last week with a picture that was downright terrible…

The rules: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1483.

ah ok thanks (:

Jus one question
What exactly does he mean by “EDGE OF THE WORLD”

It’s the place where a flat earth, which people believed in back in the days (and some still do), would have ended. Often depicted as a border of the ocean with water falling down the edge.

Thanks linuus
I think I’m gonna give this one a try

everything is up to your own interpretation, if you want to make a metaphor then thats fine :slight_smile:
you decide whether you think your image is pure etc. :slight_smile:

will be taking part

this is my place holder :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll also take part in this.

Sounds like an interesting challenge. I might as well give it a shot.

nice to see people are interest in this topic. After clicking through few WC challenges. it seem that its lacking topic like legend or tales, so i think this will be a bit more fresh

I’m definitely in.

Sounds cool, but I have no idea on what I’d make, because it sounds like something hard to do.

Well if it is very hard, it might be worth doing! Give it a try, nothing to lose.

Can’t wait to see the entries this weekend. I have unfortunately destroyed my free time by purchasing RIFT and will probably not have any time this weekend. Good luck everyone.