Chibi Side view!??!?!?!

Ok so Ive looked everywhere i can, and i cant find a single chibi to model that has a sideview and a front view, so if anyone is good with drawing chibis, can you draw me a naked chibi (pervy parts left out please) from the front and the side? will cite you as a resource, and even give you most of the credit, needs to be bald, and have the arms placed so I can do proportionate modeling…

This is in offtopic, because it was asking for a traditional work, not placing one, which is why it is not in the traditional thread (ok moderators?)(that wasnt meant to seem snooty, just tell why i put it here)

Please, i will do whatever, model for you, give you a model, even give you all the .blends on my computer… :stuck_out_tongue: i really need this, because I promised a freind I would model a chibi for thier birthday…and thier birthday is 5 days away…I need this BAAAAD

EDIT: Main reason is I can never figure out how fat or wide i should make the chibi, and it always comes out horrible T~T

Why didnt u tell me before? Ill model one for u. Although i cant promise awesome topology. (i never modeled a character lol)

might be useful
If you go over to graphical filiciss builds have PMD and metasequoia importers
If you find it useful you will need to change the text in the zip file to english
Also I think miku miku dance has some base characters in PMD format you can download it for free.

i got to draw something for you … i hope it’s ok sorry forthe speedpainting XD

Attachments

That is what is called a tight deadline, like in the CG movies business.

Looks like in between Sintel Lite and Sintel ultralite.

@ Black cat
looks pretty good, Its not a speed paint, its a speed MODEL O.o so im gonna be modelling this, but it looks pretty good for what I want to do, thanks!! Ill use it
@ SX1
Nice site! Looks pretty useful, Ill look into it!
@Bao2
Yeah been meaning to get around to it, but ive had a horrible time putting it together :P, I could never find a side view of the same chibi front view, so I couldnt tell how fat to make it lol ;D

Hey! heres an update, can this be moved to the WIP thread mr moderators? or ms. Moderators?

Attachments

i’m glad that it helped you :slight_smile: nice start so far ^^

Wow - that is amazing. Look forward to commenting on it when it hits the next stage.

ok, so I ran into a problem…the hair…I cant get the hair, anyone wanna model the hair for me? or have a good tutorial on modelling hair that is from an object instead of particles?, Ill put the clothes on soon, and then I ll start textureing, but I want to get the hair first :stuck_out_tongue:

Would this work…?

How I did this hair was just by blocking it out with planes, then connecting 'em all together. Then after a solidify and a few subsurfs, it’s passable. There is also a very basic texture for the hair to give an idea of the strand flow. It could definitely be better, but the effect might work for your project. .Blend file is attached.

Feel free to use any part of this in your project.

-FD

P.S. I made this in 2.5. If you’re using 2.4x the interface may be wonky, but the models should still work.

Attachments

Chibi.blend (1.16 MB)

no thats great!!! pS what shader are you useing??? oh and yeah im using 2.5 (can you believe its the first one i ever used of blender???) yeah so im going to model a good bunch of chibis, just to get the hand of it at first, then im going to made one awesome one!!! guess who its gonne be?

ill give you a hint, its in a major anime series ":DDDD

I basically just did a bunch of random things with toon spec and lambert diffuse with ramps and whatnot. It’s all in the blend if you wanna take a look. :slight_smile:

Hmm. Well, I don’t watch much anime (all I’ve seen recently is Baccano [warning: gore]) but I’ll take a guess: some chibi person from Naruto? :confused:

-FD

Yeah I took a look, it looks great! by the way did you use texture pain or export to somethng else for the hair lines?

and no not anyone from Naruto (although that dude from the sand village is a pretty beast chibi) but no, its a person from Soul Eater :DDDD hahaha I was recently told about soul eater in another of my posts, and after watching the first episode I was hooked!!! heres a picture

His name is Soul (obviously) and hes from the show SoulEater

Attachments

Yep, I just used Blender’s texture paint for the hair. I find it much easier for simple things like that.

Looks like an interesting character…Never heard of him, but should be fun for you to work on. Definitely want to see your progress on that :yes:

Oh he is interesting :smiley: and an idiot lol :DDD I will definately post progress on him, my only problem has been the hair, you see, his hair unnaturally stands straight up, so I cant use a plane to create it (or can i?)
Im hoping I wont have to take a cube and model it that way lol :smiley:

i felt free to make some changes of funddevi’s mesh :wink: enjoy i posted a hair tutorial video on youtube, it may help you with your hair :wink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EB-D5sU8UA

Attachments

Chibi.blend (1.23 MB)

oh wow! you guys are really great for all this help, thanks so much :D, this will definatley be a chibi to remember!!!

it seems you forgot to pack textures? idk how to make an eye T~T