Page 221 of 233 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211219220221222223 231 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 4653
    Originally Posted by AdamEtheredge View Post
    Okay, so does anyone know what the deal is with layer jumping now?
    Animating layer visbility is no longer allowed. Seems like it was too difficult to maintain. You can stll animate the renderarbility in the outliner...

Originally Posted by DingTo View Post
    negativa: Could you share the blend maybe?
    I tried it and there is some potentia for sure. Combined with a proper OSL shader this can be really nice.

Crappy animation test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M-KyzmtXj0
    Hi DingTo! Yes, of course I can share blend! But the file with the planet is on the office computer.
    I created a new planet, but now, not only to the oceans, but also with rivers too! That is until this planet and blend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planet_ocean_river.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	266.4 KB 
ID:	208489

EDIT: Planet of the previous message
    Last edited by negativa; 26-Dec-12 at 06:51.

Very nice looking planets .I tried the displacement out and it gives a really awesome result. Great for making landscapes

any FAST GRASS with displacement ??
    keep on BLENDING...

Fur Render Test
    Suzanne-Tiger [Blender + Cycles]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	node.png 
Views:	310 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	209348  

Name:	tiger_R.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	209347  

Last edited by ifilgood; 30-Dec-12 at 06:56.

An other fur test with cycles

Name:	blender_fur_R.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	388.8 KB 
ID:	209504  

Little present for new year :-)
    A Blend file and a little tutorial for fur render with cycles
    http://www.ifilgood.it/tutorial/fur_tutorial.zip
    enjoy and happy new year :-)

Just a little interior scene:

Name:	Screenshot-5.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	210304
    BCMG | STK | Latest project: Dodge Challenger | Current wip: Jaguar XKR-S
    "contribute to opengameart.org" -Albert Einstein err.... wait a second, I said that, but great minds do think alike.
    "" -Albert Einstein <----real quote this time

Hi all

Totally new here, I would like to some help or direction to build and collapse a Jenga tower. So any suggestion or direction to a good tutorial will me very much appreciated. Thanks in advance and happy new year. Asiertxo

Originally Posted by Asiertxo View Post
    Hi all

Totally new here, I would like to some help or direction to build and collapse a Jenga tower. So any suggestion or direction to a good tutorial will me very much appreciated. Thanks in advance and happy new year. Asiertxo
    Hi there, this tutorial ought to help you: http://cgcookie.com/blender/2011/05/...-to-keyframes/

For questions like this, please try and ask in the most appropriate forum. In this case it would be either the Game Engine forum or Particles and Simulations
    Jonathan Williamson
    Education manager and Instructor for: http://blendercookie.com
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/carter2422

Auto-detect uses 5 threads? Auto-detect takes a bit longer?

Happy New Year to everybody.

I have observed this question: I always render my scenes with threads->auto-detect option in render panel. I have always seen the first image shows 5 blocks or tiles. If I change to theads->fixed and write 4 threads, the first image shows 4 blocks or tiles. This means that auto-detect is using 5 threads for 4 cores? (I have tested this with two computers, one i5 and one core 2 quad, blender version for windows 64 and 32 bits in every case).

In my tests auto-detect takes longer, around 1 per 30 minutes (the same render 1 hour with "4" threads and 1:02 hour with "auto-detect" option).
    Yo fuí a Blendiberia 2013

elbrujodelatribu - blog / deviantart / blendswap / sketchbook

CYCLES green glass render

Working with tuqueques' EXCELLENT material editor setup as Cycles render. Green glass renders down to 1.24 minutes. Working on the ugly speculars, though toqueque has a compositor that reduces glare, creates DOF and adjusts gamma, but this is more challenging with render-time nodes. Brief: Less Than, because unlike other Light Path boolean outputs, seems to be outputting a range of values, correct me on this, documentation is sparse, and I have not knowledge enough to peruse code etc. Renders from 0 to approx 100 on Ray Length. Camera Rays for de-noise and speed. Factored Camera Ray is part of attempt to reduce glare to a greenish color of the glass, which is more appropriate. Translucent, Transparent for indirect color spillover from object to table, or not. Have not found Tuqueque update for BMPS for Cycles, would be community useful. Sub-Surface bar is wildly useful - love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    i have seen the light... and i am FULL of it!

keybds 4 sale... all keys work except F12.

Hi chip4brains, thanks for you comments

Here's a link in the Blender tests repository of the BMPS for Cycles.

https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-b...les/bmps.blend

Greets!

Originally Posted by Something31337 View Post
    Very nice looking planets .I tried the displacement out and it gives a really awesome result. Great for making landscapes
    You might need to be wary of making any semi-heavy use of the displacement though, because chances are when one or more objects is set to use displacement, followed by saving and re-opening and pressing F12, you may be greeted to Blender crashing instead of moving ahead to render the displacement.

I think Brecht has said that he'll put some serious work into it within the current release Cycle yet, but as of now, the reliability issues make it of little more use than simple tests.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Need Cycles materials / node setups: Get them here

I wondered if one could make a seamless transition phase between glossy and diffuse, so that all the specular highlights would get a smooth glow. I ended up with a funky material, that has different rainbow colors for different reflection roughness values, just by using simple color ramps and having them all applied simultaneously with a very dense noise texture.

I don't know if real world has materials like this, looks kinda like CD-rom or something. Suzanne has also this kind of material applied, with white reflection, green roughness, and yellow smooth transition.

What would be better than dense noise texture, would be a random float value per ray. Is there option for this?

Name:	Kuvankaappaus 2013-1-16 kello 1.28.35.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	983.4 KB 
ID:	212233  

Last edited by Qha; 15-Jan-13 at 18:36.

Originally Posted by elbrujodelatribu View Post
    Happy New Year to everybody.

I have observed this question: I always render my scenes with threads->auto-detect option in render panel. I have always seen the first image shows 5 blocks or tiles. If I change to theads->fixed and write 4 threads, the first image shows 4 blocks or tiles. This means that auto-detect is using 5 threads for 4 cores? (I have tested this with two computers, one i5 and one core 2 quad, blender version for windows 64 and 32 bits in every case).

In my tests auto-detect takes longer, around 1 per 30 minutes (the same render 1 hour with "4" threads and 1:02 hour with "auto-detect" option).
    This is intentional. The workload is usually better, when the main thread is also rendering. I will run some benchmarks though and compare.
    Blender developer (Cycles / User Interface)
    Blog -- Blender Podcast -- OpenShading -- BlenderDay -- Blender Network profile

@Qha It could be used for a Brass shader, when brass has been heated it often get a blue-purple-ish hue and reflects lights different. Like a ... used gun-shell often get that miss-coloring at the top of the empty shell after the gun powder has heated it.

Also there's like Magnesium or some metall that can have a coating, that makes it reflects more blue-ish hue. I remember luxrenderer had a setting for a shader with this feature.

Coatings could easily be done by just mixing up shaders wouldn't they? The special thing I've done here is I have every Roughness value from 0 to 1 in the material at the same time. So I have clear reflection, but also a smooth curve to fully hazy reflection (close to diffuse). If there is a material like this in nature, it would consist of a surface that reflects clearly, and a SSS-like penetration probability where the deeper light would go, the more diffuse the reflection would get.

Originally Posted by DingTo View Post
    This is intentional. The workload is usually better, when the main thread is also rendering. I will run some benchmarks though and compare.
    Besides the performance question, I also think it could influence the responsiveness of the overall computer system.

Thanks for the answer @DingTo.
    Yo fuí a Blendiberia 2013

elbrujodelatribu - blog / deviantart / blendswap / sketchbook

One test i did was scan line the render, 1500x16, cpu well I set the treads to high and all the treads show up as the red lights rendering. It renders line by line only jumping to next tread if theres memory. Very taxing on my system.