LAST UPDATE 2011-06-09
Today i can proudly present to you my new fully interactive inset extrude addon!
Link to Wiki
how to use:
move mouse cursor horizontally to control inset
click and drag vertically with LMB to control extrusion
release LMB when finished
investigate slowdown in combination with subsurf modifier - any ideas?
Ideas for future (speculative):
individual faces mode
interpolated displacement for the complete selection.
merge functionality with howardt:s inset addon?
DONE - quantized values when holding Control key
DONE - increased sensitivity when holding shift
any and all kinds of feedback is welcome
also i'm not a very experienced coder so if any
of you gurus sees some innefficient code please let me know
* automatically assigns the I key when the addon is registered
the script handles numeric input together with matematical operators
* Improved calculation of normals
* bugfix for corners of islands meeting in one vertex
* correct selection update at non manifold edges
* smooth shading now considers original mesh