Blender Nature

Spiders
The picture is my first successful (meaning it didn’t crash and you could see something at the end of the 3 hrs.) attempt to put cycles to use. Obviously no postprodutcion used on the jpg.

a few Blender Animation snippets and some nice Music

Attachments

Nice man, great work…for a long time i want to make a spider,a lot of work if i wont to be good like yours :wink: !!!

The showreel, although short, is fantastic!

Great work man, you seem to be very talented and knowledgeable with insects and organic movements, very high quality video too. The render seems to have some black grain, I don’t think I seen this bug before in cycles, strange… the result is still awesome though :slight_smile:

very realistic! you could add a more “natural” background, but all in all it’s great work.

@artorp: I actually posted a quicktip on cgtuts (also here http://blender.bioillustration.de/index.php/quicktips/remove-fireflies ) how to remove those.
@ diabolix: I tried to, cycles kept crashing, but 2.59 Cycles worked

The water Drops are a bit dark, not sure why that is, but I fixed the eyes.

i think waterdrops should be bigger, unless its a really big spider :stuck_out_tongue: the image looks cool
how long it would render to smooth out grainy out of focus areas?

btw, whats with the bugs and spiders? :smiley:
i guess you’ve seen this, right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox_IcPM55jY if not you should, after watching it i feel like modelling bugs myself :smiley:

In 2.94 I had to let floating transparent things just above the surface to avoid darkness. Maybe this helps.
Awesome work. :wink:

Uh nice spider. very realistic. :slight_smile:
Just seems the background it´s a little oversaturated. Great work, congrats.

@chrisx I’ll try that, the waterdrops on the legs look just fine, so that was confusing, good idea.
@afaria: I’ll change the Background.
@kilbee: I studied biology, my diploma thesis was about Cave dwelling huntsmen spiders in Laos. I love spiders as long as I can remember. And I’ve seen “Microcosm”, but you’re right, I should watch it again for inspiration.

Good work! I love spiders. That’s a spitting spider if i’m not mistaken, family Scytodidae. I think a tarantula or a widow will be my next project. Keep it up dude!

@wokjow: The reference images and most of the texture bases were Scytodes thoracica, so very correct. I was planning to make a tarantula tutorial modelling, rigging, texturing and hair for my site.

The reference images and most of the texture bases were Scytodes thoracica, so very correct. I was planning to make a tarantula tutorial modelling, rigging, texturing and hair for my site.

Very cool, I actually have quite a repository of High quality images of a number of african species. One i’ve always wanted to model is the greater horned baboon spider because of its unusual hump and beautiful star burst on the carapace. Now that I think about it a trap door spider would be an awesome project to take on, I have always been a big fan of Myglamorphs and their heavy builds. Perhaps a digital exchange is in order :slight_smile:

If you can provide frontal, dorsal, lateral and ventral view of the baboon spider, I’d be happy to make a tutorial out of it. I tried to take pics of my Brachypelma vagans, when she was climbing up the glass wall, but it’s and old terrarium and the scratches and dirt really prevented taking good pics. Ad she get’s very aggravated and sprays her hair when I tease her/take her out of the cage.
I took some pictures in "“the wild” a while back: www.golden-orb.net (it’s in german, but I think “Photos” speaks for itself.

Wow, that is amazing. Great spider there