(New Cycles picture) Minecraft doodles. (Some fan art)

Hi everyone. I was looking for something to do the other night so, seeing as I really like Minecraft, I thought I would make some fan art. Not much of course, just an hour or two to make it, but maybe some people will find it funny. I had not put anything up on Blenderartists in a while so I thought I would post this. Well, enough talk, here is the picture.

I may be doing some more of these is why I named this thread that way.

Note: This first one is just the thread thumbnail.

Attachments

I don’t get it. Did you just post screenies of minecraft?

Hey, sorry about that, guess I was kind of vague. No actually. I made it in blender for fun. It is kind of supposed to be a joke actually. You don’t typically find the rare diamond ore (the block with blue in it) except deep under ground. And here he has found some right on the surface and he cannot mine it with his wooden tools… and. . . Actually maybe its not really that funny.:o Ah well, I did make it in Blender so I thought I would put it up here for fun. So yeah…

Am I the only one who finds it impossible to make something this low poly?

I like minecraft too! And you did really good at mimicking it. Though it’s obvious that this is not a screenshot of minecraft because of the shading. Looks great!

Actually, the latest versions and some mods add that kind of shading. It totally looks like the game instead of a render. It would be nice if you post some wire or clay renders.

Thanks for the compliment, I think. It just takes practice. And honestly, for this particular picture, I really just kind of copied the look of the actual game.

Thanks. I was going for the look of the game, just with a more “polished” look. I do not really think it looks like a screenshot either. And yes, it is a great game.

Yes, I have seen some of those mods and some screen-shots of in-development versions. But really, I do not think they look as good as this (though that would be cool). I did want it to look like the game as I said. I am perfectly fine with posting wires, etc. though.
Here is both a Blender screen-grab and a clay wire render.

Attachments

Here is another quick one I did. Hopefully it is amusing. It is based of the well known Minecraft “rule” on not to dig straight down. This might happen…

Attachments

Though I didn’t quite understand the concept without reading your description, I really like the look of the whole thing. I’m not a minecraft player. Hear a lot of good things about it though.

Hahaha, very funny :p, so do you just use the textures in the Minecraft.jar?

Yep. I just grabbed the minecraft.jar textures to use. Oh, and glad you liked them. :slight_smile:

Mineblend is nice, yes, I just wish that it would import the materials for cycles as well… :stuck_out_tongue:

Anymore images for us? :slight_smile:

Haha this is great, I never played minecraft but it looks weirdly cool.

Someone could do something like that On BGE!

Aye, there are a lot of…err…off-shots of it. I like the original though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, really nice A’nW, very funny. I enjoy the humor and anyone who plays would get it.

Thanks guys, glad you like them (I was starting to wonder if there was any point in posting these). And who knows? I may have some more of these. :slight_smile:

I’m liking the creeper-tree line, didn’t even notice until I enlarged the image :slight_smile: only comment would be for more passes, as you can really see the noise in the clouds

but yeah, keep posting if you enjoy it yourself! That’s the important bit, right?

I love the “don’t dig down” one. To those of you who do not know about minecraft or at least, very little.

Minecraft is made up of randomly generated worlds, filled with biomes, animals, trees, diamonds… and monsters. Given that these worlds are randomly generated, if you attempt to dig straight down you will eventually find yourself digging into a cave… and dark areas tend to spawn monsters. These monster will then proceed to kill you.

An even worse alternative (and one that is harder to avoid, as lava makes no noise) is falling into lava. This is worse because items burn in lava, however if monsters kill you, you can simply kill them and then get your stuff back. Lava has no such luxury :stuck_out_tongue:

Back to the images, I like the creeper in the forest one too, they always seem to lurch around corners, waiting for you to get scared out of your socks by that hiss…

Sorry for my english. Can you tell us how to make textures in imported world?
I would be very grateful

Does Minecraft have DOF?