Question on Outliner selection

Hello,

I don’t know if I am using the most efficient way to select objects in the Outliner.

I have 30 cubes named cube.001 to cube.030 in the Outliner listing. I wish I could select from Cube.001 to Cube.015.

I tried to hold the Shift key, click Cube.001, and then hold the down arrow until all are selected until Cube.015, as one would wonder from Windows experience. This didn’t worked.

I have to do a Shift-Click for every Cube, one at a time? Or what is the most efficient way to do it?

Actually Shift + Click will take only 15 clicks; less then 5 seconds.

6 seconds for me. If I want to do it fast, I sometimes miss click…

But the point is, additional selecting tools would be nice. I like the idea of selecting the first object, go down the list and Shift+select the last & everything in between is selected. That would be around a second.

Ridix,
30 is an hypothetical number. Let’s say it is 900 objects. Got it?

Sago,
Exactly.

No I don’t get it. Are you saying you want to pick 900 unique objects among say 1900 objects? In that case you have organization problem. Not a selection problem.

I don’t think hexacorde is making a silly point. And if there are ways to organize things better to make the selecting easier, we should at least give some suggestions.

When working with big scenes and many objects it would be helpful to work with layers, multiple scenes and create groups and use parenting. With shift+G you can select entire groups or children. But then again, to create groups or parent/children you have to select them first :wink:

Another way to go perhaps is to shoot some commands in the Python console…

(Or, if one is feeling full of time and energy, and wanting it so badly, then time to learn how to extend Blender! Not my case these days…)

But, since this matter is not a vital need for me right now, I guess it is time to move on.

ps: but if it would be good, it would :evilgrin:

It would be very easy in Visual Basic for Applications.