Pull the lever Kronk!

I’m recreating a scene in “The Emperor’s New Groove” :smiley:

Remember when…

Yzma exclaims “Pull the Lever Kronk!” and of course Kronk obeys her. He pulls the wrong lever out of the two and Yzma falls through a trap door. Yzma screams on her way down “…WRONG LEVER!!!” and when she comes back with a crocodile, frustrated she says “Why do we even have that lever??” Finally Kronk pulls the right lever and the pair continue into their secret lab on the roller coaster.

I thought it would be interesting to recreate that scene, I’ve always liked the design of the lever.

Heres reference images I’m using:

Just started this morning:

Note: I’m not recreating the scene by animation, I’m only recreating the actual lever design and incorporating it into what will be my finished image :slight_smile:

Please critique, don’t be shy :wink:

All updates will appear on this thread

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
:smiley:
I remember this scene.
I haven’t seen that movie in ages :smiley:

Keep up the good work. :smiley:

Thank you :smiley: I’m having so much fun making this too :slight_smile:

What’s different from last update:
-tweaked head a lot
-fixed awkward tusks
-started wall base

Still need to:
-finish head modeling:
*Ears
*any further tweaking needed
-finish wall+floor base
-do wall+floor detail
-all texturing
-lighting

Another update :slight_smile: I’m having real fun with this :smiley:

Looking good. Man, now I want to watch The Emperor’s New Groove again. Thanks a lot. I hope you’re satisfied.

hehe, yes I am zeekar :wink:

Another update :smiley:

I created the floor texture in blender paint:

This is my first time using paint in Blender so please give any hints/tips/critiques, I definitely need as much as I can get :slight_smile:

Still needs a lot of work, especially the floor texture…

What’s different from last update:
-added “ears”
-finished 3D portion of detail around lever (everything else will be done through paint)
-started floor texture

Still need to:
-finish floor paint texture
-paint wall texture
-paint head texture
-all other materials/texturing needed to be done (may mix texture with paint texture in nodes)
-lighting

(checklist is mainly for personal purposes :slight_smile: )

Luxrender test

Wow, lookin’ good.
I haven’t seen that movie in forever.
It is looking good, and you seem to know what you have planned, I don’t have any suggestions yet.

Thank you :smiley: for the time being all modeling is done, now I’m messing with textures and mainly paint. I’m thinking I might model the arc cracks in the wall and floor instead of just using textures. What I have below with textures just isn’t working out very well for my liking.

Didn’t like the painted version so I sculpted the ground and modeled the crack in the wall. I’m still going to paint the models now but now they aren’t just flat planes with bump maps.

Looks good. Keep going.

wow love that scene
great work