The Doppelganger

Hello,
Here is a picture made ​​for the competition 3D Saloon evoking the myth of Germanic evil twin: The-Doppelganger. It won first prize.
As usual, I sketchup proficient with Blender and Blender for the base and the placement and rendering. Finishes are done in photoshop

Kargall le fou

Attachments

Yeah, I know why you won. This is just freakin’ great… Personally I’m not too much into the amount of glare, but that’s a matter of taste, I guess.

Almost forgot 2 ask: How much of the deamon is Blender? Maybe show a wire please (askin’ out of pure interest, no offence, really).

greetings, Kologe

Außergewöhnlich!

I would really love to know how the hell you did that.

It’s just outstanding

wow this is fantastic, i love how the light strands form the doppelganger the most. but one thing i would have changed is how the doppelganger is coming out of the man, i would think it would be much more appealing to see the blue light strands come out of his mouth. and have the man be on his knees holding his hands up in anger as the light comes out of his mouth. but thats just my personal opinion. great work anyway.

Amazing work! I really like the blue guy, his expression and pose gives him so much appeal and power. I do agree with “the wat man” making the connection between the doppelganger and the guy more dynamic would have really pushed this over the top. Also some contrast between the characters and environment would further add life to the subjects. Either way great job!

Pfft! Big deal! If I could live to be over a hundred and maybe put in 28 hours a day working on Blender, I could probably come up with something better than that! :stuck_out_tongue:

Brilliant piece! Absolutely phenomenal. 5* from me. I think this should go straight into the gallery. And wires or a clay render would be terrific!

O_O Amazing!

welldone!

5*s. I vote gallery.

Absolutely stunning, this should definitely belong to the gallery :smiley:

thank you friends, I’m glad you like it
Here are some work to advance :

Attachments

Here’s more. I wanted to make the halos in blender but I do not have enough metrizable particles for that.

good day

Kargall

Attachments

Kargall, That looks so good that I forgot to post comment and rate your thread. Are characters painted mostly in PS? I mean u used just 3d character for reference and then just painted over them in PS? Great piece.

thank you Jose
Yes and no! The characters are made ​​to part with a lot of work on the SSS lights and contrast, then the work is so important in Photoshop CS3 very fitting color and shapes.

:slight_smile:

This is truly incredible! A job well done!

Moved to the gallery. Excellent work!

Great! Just Great!

Exellent! job well done.

Amazing Gluten Free Pizza

Thats an awsome picture. I couldnt make anything close to that.

what renderer was used? I would really like to know.