Sunshine

I’m happy to present you my latest ‘sort-of-short’, created entirely with Blender 2.5, with help from GIMP and Audacity.

I definitely learned a lot during the production of this short, much of which I could’ve done differently. But like any other projects I do, I realized it too late and couldn’t go back; I could, in fact, but it will definitely eat up my time. So I called it quits and moved on. I’m hoping you will all like it. And as usual, I’d love to hear what you think of it, the more constructive, the more I’d appreciate. :wink:

Thanks so much to my girlfriend, with which I dedicate this to, for inducing me with the creative juices that had me hooked for quite a long time (or so I felt).

I’m hoping I could be fueled by the same, if not better, creative juices again, and come up with another short (with a better story this time). But who knows.

For now, I’ll take 3 minutes of your life. Fullscreen highly suggested. Enjoy!

Here’s a breakdown video:

Well, i did like this short, and seems that my girlfriend did like it even more :slight_smile: Very nice work.

Now i have no critics whatshowever on the graphics. But for the sound i thought that the effects (for example the birds singing) are a bit to loud compaired with the (nice) background music playing.

Ah man, that’s sweet! As Aleideka said, the sound fx could be a little lower in volume.

Another thing: great you did this with open-source software :slight_smile: and I’m sure you learned a lot!

Keep them coming! I’d like to see more of your work!

Beautifull colors and compositing, goes perfect with the music!
Only in one scene you can see the end of wood texture while camera is moving (i saw some tut on making a seamless texture in Gimp, not sure it would work on wood tiles though…)
But that’s just me nitpicking :wink:
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!

EDIT: I rewached it and texturing is fine. It was sort of a first impression

Really nice work, love the mood and the colors

:slight_smile:

Thanks, mate! I updated the video with a modulated bg sound (somehow) and fixed some typo error on the credits. :wink:

Incredible… ilumination, colors, compositing, music…, all is perfect, Good work!

Very well done, I loved the DOF that you used, the amount and the quality was perfect! well verything was set and it was great! congratulations!

Definitly well done, however I think it needed some work in terms of composition. Seemed hard to focus on the main parts.

Wow, amazing detail on the wood!

Great work :wink:

You have a tendency to overcomposite things imho :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink: Happens most often. But with the looks of it, that already has been modulated a LOT, compared previously to my emotional node burst (which didn’t turn out quite pleasant). :wink:

You have a tendency to be negative about everything imho :stuck_out_tongue:

A very beautiful piece of work I love the quality and the soft autumnal appearance of those renders

I’d really appreciate it if you would post a rough break-down of how long each phase (modeling, texturing, animation, etc.) took, either in actual hours of work or how many days/weeks from start to finish.

As far as I can remember, it roughly took me two months in production time; 2 weeks was spent in modeling, 1 week in texturing, 1 week in animation, 2 weeks in rendering, 1 week in shading and lighting, then finally 1 week in compositing and sound design.

Outside production time, I spent almost 2 months of planning and research.

-Reyn

Thank you, reynante.

-Ron T.

Just awesome