Sackboys Adventure Main Thread (Please Critique or JOIN!)

First of all, this is only a continuance of an old thread of mine, that back in that time i habitually filled with nonsensical posts, and honestly needed to grow up and get with the program. So without further ado, and MUCH MUCH more thought put into the actual animation, Sackboys Adventure.

This first is a concept image of the first scene surroundings. Not the first scene itself. I will work on this to create the best possible Junkyard feel…honestly it feels junky already ;D

Second is sackboys topology…any comments on how i can improve it please show them, also take the image and color on top of it to show me where correct loops should go and stuff if your having trouble explaining

plan to finish in about 6 months.
I have a base plan for the actual creation and work on it.

The following is the first two scenes of the video, with a kind of camera map of how the views will work

Scene 1:
Setting: Dump
Focus: Sackboy, sleeping

Sackboy: Blinks a few times, hears a rumbling, and sackboys home starts rumbling.

‘narration’ sackboy steps outside, and looks behind his home (a broken car part). He looks around for a moment, trying to decide where the rumbling is coming from. {camera: front view of sackboy, with a good view of whats behind sackboy which means we dont see what he is seeing…what we see is peaceful, camera zooms out} zooms to sackboys face, showing a scared look, then we see what is in front of him, as sackboys eyes wander up (camera change) and see that a huge dump truck is dropping items and they are slowly coming closer (kind of like the Antz scene where the water is falling and they have to dodge the rain as it falls) The first item hits the ground, nearby sackboy, bouncing the camera (and sackboy) off the ground, and then sackboy starts to turn and run (there will be dirt hitting the lense) and we see the behind view, with sackboy running towards the camera, as the camera moves away and slowly drifts to the left as items hit all around sackboy, as he dodges, ducks, and weaves between the objects.

Scene 2:
Setting: The Trail Away
Focus: Sackboy, running

Narration: Sackboy is running still, one of the last items is dropping from the truck, which just happens to be a big basketball, and sackboy is running downhill, the ball creates the biggest bounce yet, and and sackboy bounces into the air, legs still pumping away, looks behind him, and does a kind of scooby doo run away where he leaves dust behind him and his feet are moving really fast, with his body leaning back as his legs pull away from him. He continues to run through a winding trail of trash, then dodges to the left and starts climbing a hill of trash to get out of the way, which oddly enough the ball somehow follows ( im thinking that its velocity causes it to bounce off some stuff, and flys high above him, and then starts dropping towards him, with a good cut to a camera thats following the ball that follows it up, watches it pause in mid air, then follows it back down, as it zooms towards sackboy.) sackboy jumps out of the way, as the ball crashes down ( we see what looks like sackboy getting crushed) then the camera rotates around the ball, and shows sackboy pulling himself up, just in front of the ball, then sackboy sees his old home, and his jaw drops a little and sad music plays. The camera rotates to see what he is seeing, and shows a veiw of his home filled in with ALOT of trash. it also looks very hazardous. End of scene 2

I believe there is 3 or 4 more scenes, but I havent rewritten my notes into something you guys can understand yet ahaha

It seems ive become a magnet for the forum ire… ah well :smiley: i guess ill keep keeping noone updated :smiley:

Scene 3:
Setting: Where to go from here.
Focus: Sackboy, saddened by the lost home

Narration: Sackboy is standing in a daze, staring at his old home. Sad his home is gone, he starts going around to look for a new one

pulls into a bunch of cutscenes where sackboy approaches a would be home at sunset, just to be turned away by the homes inhabitants
including, a turtle under a log, an ant nest, and even a mouses home in a wall. (all this is centered in the dump) after a few ‘days’ sackboy decides to set his sights a little further. In the distance sackboy sees a tree outside of the fence for the dump, that seems to be an oasis. Its beautiful and green, and has a nice feel to it. as sackboy looks this over (after a longing look to his old home) he starts the long and perilous journey of going to this ‘home’.He looks ahead at the trail throught the trash to the fence, and begins

Scene 4:
Setting: The Journey to the Other side.
Focus: sackboy, as he sets out on his journey

he sets out on a trail through the trash, and he doesnt notice the rats that are watching him from the shadows…until a particularly creepy section of trail, where sackboy begins to become ;selfaware; he starts getting paranoid, and hearing the rats feet and such, and continues getting scared. he sees a pair of red ees peering out of a hole in the dump trash at him, and looks away, and takes a second gander, and the eyes are gone. He continues walking, now wary, and looking around himself, scared out of his mind. the rats set up an ambuish later down the road.

Scene 5:
Setting: The ambuish
Focus, the rats as they set up the ambuish

The rats are busy setting up the ambuish, and are watching as sackboy comes down the road. the ambuish is to catch sackboy for their dinner.
cut to sackboy. sackboy gets caught in the trap (to save time i didnt put the details of this) sackboy wakes up in a cage, in a cave like area, and in the center of the room, the rats are dancing around a fire in a circle and the fire has a big pot above it, with boiling water. Sackboy has to escape! is this the end?

Scene 6:
Setting: The Cave
Focus, sackboy as he looks for his escape

looking around himself, sackboy sees a bobby pin (or a needle)it takes some effort, but he pulls it away eventually, and unlocks his cage, he then opens it and is sneaking away when he steps on a stick. The rats hear the noise and the chase begins. Sackboy is once again running. he runs and runs, as different things flash by, and he runs eventually til he gets to a can, that looks as if its stuck half in the ground. He somehow gets inside (unsure about this part) and hides inside, as the rats run past.sackboy now leaves them behind, sneaking away towards an opening onto a different path.

more tomorrow! Im going to continue on to finish the storyline, please leave comments on the style of the story, will have tests and test renders soon

I actually decided to do a little work on the car that is image 1 its going to be perfect first, then im going to destroy it…also this is my first time ever building a car in blender…hows the topology?

Thats a great low-poly model you’ve got there, it looks perfect for a game! :slight_smile:

@Kiovi From what i see in your thread, you really need to focus on 1 part of the car at a time. When i modeled my car, i used the blueprint to make the top of the car first, then I extruded the sides from the top and then the front from the sides. I added necassary loopcuts as i went along

@ Rossblenderart Its actually just the car blocked out, because i plan on destroying it. Ill release the .blend when im finished for the low poly block on blendswap if you like. i also might release the finished car. Right now im working on the doors for it, and then im starting the hood.

Im gonna work on face loops of sackboy for a little while, but heres the .blend of the top of the car, exactly how i made it…the file has crashed 3 times (idk why) so I have had to start over on the car, so i quess ill get much better topology this time around. The blend also had all textures packed. I dunno if this includes the background image or not. If it doesnt then I will place that here for those that are interested in learning car building.

Carsackboy.blend (315 KB)

have fun with it if you like, but please dont steal my ideas or my creations. Credit me if you decide to do anything with this or the finished product please. Also here is the car I am modeling. If you import the picture into it through the background, set the cordinates to x=1 and y=1.930 to get it to fit with the picture, so its obvious why certain loopcuts are there

i will continue this car in the morning, now that i know its saved…dont get off work til 8 tomorrow and i start working at 11 so ill have to wait til i get home to work on it

Sackboy with better topology! Here he is, it has eyes and a mouth :smiley:

also the eyes are just a simple texture

The following is the same image without AO on, because i didnt realize i had AO on

Looks nice :slight_smile: Did he need fingers? :slight_smile:

im not sure as of yet. His hands might just stay…missing :smiley:

HAHAHAAH! just thought sackboy might look sexier(ಠ▃ಠ) with a laser suit on: ENJOY ;D

ಠ▃ಠ

Hah, good work and @MY first comment, I mean Sackboy not the car (although the car looks great). I really think you should make this a game. not an animation! :slight_smile:

well im working on mr sackboys pants now and sorry! its gotta be an animation! :smiley: Although I may reuse the character after it and make a game for the video too ;D

also check back in a little because Ill have his pants done (it has a normal map!) this will be my first texture i actually use a normal map on ;D

Noone likes a naked character, so I have given Sackboy PANTS! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

\

all done in texture paint and normal maps ;D

This is my first VERY SERIOUS project ;D That I have actually worked on for more than a few days, so feel free to critique and tell me your opinions on things as I go along!

Good looking pants, his eyes are VERY shiny though! (From what I read, I am guessing he is home-less so shouldn’t he have scratches on his eyes or something? (Unless they are real (they look like button things)). Good work!

here is some pants, a shirt, and also im going to get to textureing the eyes in a little

also havent textured sackboy himself yet. I will get to that after work (11 to 8) its 10 here now. anyway will also give him a little christmas hat, because the dump is mighty cold at night. will also give him dirtier clothes…right now they look so clean…

he looks like an alien, lol