Blender Game Making Challenge 5 - Voting

Blender Game Making Challenge 5 has finished and its time to vote.
We have 4 new horror games made in Blender and you can find them all here.

You can vote for any game but leave a comment to let us know which game has the best graphics, sound and gameplay.

Please leave some comments for the developers to help them improve their next game.

Good luck to everyone

I went ahead and voted for Zombie Massacre. :stuck_out_tongue: I thought it was pretty fun. There were 2 guns and zombies, what more could you want? lol :wink:

Alone with the shadows… I played that and all I got was a gray, noisy background and some rain sound. :stuck_out_tongue:

Defenceless…This game did seem like a good game, but when I played it, none of the zombies actually moved… or were textured. :stuck_out_tongue:

cool the new site Josip , well done :wink:

i’m voting for defenceless ,other game cannot see

I think “Alone with the Shadows” had the best environment.
Particularly, I often neglected to see them amidst the desperation of watching my back.
And it was very easy to lose direction in the tall grass…

2 complaints:
-should note it only runs in blender 2.6 (at least, for me that was the case)
-a watermark was left on-screen after dying (again, might just be me)

Were you using Blender 2.6.1?

I have voted for myself, but I have thought it over for a long time.

Zombie Massacre: It was good, but the movement was quite clunky, I ended up using just W and S. This was because I really had to move my mouse to the absoloute edge of the screen, I don’t know if that’s standard controls or something but I’m just not used to it.

I don’t have GLSL, but the game was still playable, though the zombies seemed to be in white cubes.

Also, when I shot the zombies, they just seemed to move back.

The health coming back made the game too easy in my mind, and my gun ran out very quickly - I couldn’t see another one.

Overall though, this was a cool game, and I think it came in second place.

Alone with the Shadows:

I don’t know with this game. The screenshots looked brilliant. But all I got was a flickering screen, and after a few minutes a screen saying ‘You survived wave 1’ (or something along those lines).

So I really don’t know how good this game was, hence why it probably isn’t the game I voted for.

Get away:

This game was quite addictive. I thought that the monster would be a bit more dynamic, all it needed was for it to bob back and forth a little bit in comparison to the camera, to make it a bit more scary.

In my opinion the sound was a bit too jolly, but there you go.

Finally, there was a bug where sometimes, when falling off, I would reappear on the ground, and sometimes I would just float in mid-air. It was a bit annoying seeming as I had to go back to the home menu to restart it.

Finally, I found the jumping a bit… slow. It just felt a little bit clunky.

All in all, this is a very fun and addictive game, and it very narrowly missed out on third place.

I hope I have not been too critical, but I was just trying to help people in their next games.

Best graphics: from the screenshots, without a doubt, Alone with the Shadows.

Best gameplay: the only game not zombie/monster related; get away.

I’ve downloaded a few days blender 2.6,
I then replayed with defenseless
improves the graphics,
at 2:59, the background was all white
while the original color is black
and in addition there is the pathfinder;)

and do a little 'fear

finally,
The game has a few elements, but they are well used.

final thoughts: without python is difficult to increase too the logic of game!(or not?)

so , have won baag!

you have already decided what to do next?
how about making a horror 2?

that is, the continuation of the first round of games

PS: for change weapon need to move the roll in the middle of mouse (ammo infinite)

if you agree, make a game serious make fly this zombies

Zombie Massacre on the rise !!!(3-3) :smiley: :wink:

We need more votes to see who the winner is!

bump hehehehehehe :stuck_out_tongue: EVERYONE!!! VOTE!!!

Trow in a vote for defenceless - but I liked all games. Alone with the shadows was most beautiful but unplayable slow on my graphic card (integrated intel HD). Get away was fun but a bit hard for my taste.

thanks, LAH… :mad:

:stuck_out_tongue:

at least you have unlocked the championship

PS:why most experts do not participate in the race?
(just some name: LaH,Monster,agoose ecc)
fear of losing? :cool:

So when is the next challenge?

However, how you can make games from 70/100 MB !!!
the only reason may be that there is the whole discography of the Beatles!

I regret not being able to see many games,when with simple zip can reduce 50%/80%

Perhaps this week

2 days left… :stuck_out_tongue:

Any last votes ?
Next challenge begins on the 21th or the 25th, what do you like more ?

The reason that i don’t participate is due to the simple fact that i have no time.

I think the 25th. Cause those who live in America have Thanksgiving (holiday) on the 24th. :stuck_out_tongue: