Cycles render much darker than viewport render

In Cycles, when I hit render in the viewport everything is ok but when I hit F12, it renders much, much darker. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

I get the same thing, would be good to get an answear to this if one exsists.

Thankyou

Have you checked to make sure Color Management is turned on?

The F12 is probably the raw linear output while turning on color management like m9105826 had suggested, would apply a gamma of 2.2 (if this is what it is set at) and ā€œbrightenā€ the image upon output.

Iā€™m having the same problem. I tried turning on color management in blender render but I still get dark images.
Iā€™m using build 41769 from Graphicall on Win7 64.
Is this a bug?

I had this problem caused by a World set to black. Changing it to something lighter makes it go away.

1 Like

Have you enabled Full Sample AA in Blender?

You may need to change the film exposure.

I was having the exact same problem. Here is how you solve it!:

1. Set the renderer back to Blender Internal (usually at the top of the screen).
  2. Go to the render settings panel (where youā€™d go to change the resolution, output location, etc for your renders). (F12)
  3. There is a tab, or category that is called Shading.
  4. In there is the option for color management, and that should be checked on.

All your renders will be much much closer to the previews.

blazer003, you are awesome.
Thanks!

Nice to know. Maybe that panel should be added into Cycles?

just had the same problem, thanks blazer! :slight_smile:

wonder why you have to check that box in the BI settings, als TallGuy pointed out, this checkbox should be definiely under the Cycles preferences.

Thanks Blazer! Now it works perfect!

hi
where do turn ā€˜color managementā€™ on ?

thanks

switch to Blender internal , checkbox in properties, switch back to Cycles render.

As of 2.64, it has its own panel in the scene tab, that is common for all render engines.

Sorry for epic bump, but really need to say this saved my day!

Okay, so blazerā€™s one didnā€™t help (probably because of a new update), but if you go to the scene tab (the one with a sphere, cylinder, and a lamp), thereā€™s a tab for color management, and making the exposure higher will not make it dark.