The Forest Break

Here’s my new guy taking a break in an ancestral forest. Nothing special, only 150 passes with cycles. I just focused my main attention on the lighting effect for this scene and also try to work with specular map. There is some strechy texture here and there but I like the overall impression of this scene. Let me know what you think about it guys!

It looks great! It would be really interesting to see him in a larger-scale scene (in other words, only one image of him and possibly with a few props surrounding him). But It’s awesome! Nice job :yes:

Looks very good to me.

Two little critiques: depth of field is a bit too strong, and the ground is a too smooth for the location.

Good work overall, and nice character!

Thanks, I think i’m done with him but it probably be useful for future scenes.

Happy you like it, I’m agree with you.

very nice guy, I really enjoyed the style of character!

Congrats!

Muito obrigado Ricardo:cool:

Yeah! I love the style! It would be nice to see it in action, short movie perhaps? hahha
Very nice work!

Try sculpting the ground a bit more. It’s too flat.

Thanks a lot. I’m actually working on another one for animate.

I’m agree, it’s really really flat. Actually for this picture I was much more working on the lighting part. But you’re right, sculpting the ground certainly took me a few minutes more and would have given much more puch to this ground.:yes:

It is awesome. I like the character and the pose is very convincing.
I agree with the critiques for the clean ground and the rock is kind of metalic. But yet it looks amazing. Congratulations.

Big Thanks for your comments, appreciate it.

nice damien!!! any node for specularity?..heres my node for transparency

cycles transparent

Very cool - +1 on the character and look. Nice James Dean pose :slight_smile:

great, dude

Thanks Hammer

Thanks Namkuseijin

For Spec just use a mix shader with glossy and diffuse with your spec map as factor, don’t forget
using the RGB to black and white node if your specmap don’t have a black and white channel.