Blender 2.6 and MakeHuman

I am still experiementing with MH and Blender. in previous versions when I import a character in from MH in to blender all of the pre-built stuff are in place. Now, in 2.6 all of the shape keys are all on the floor. I re-installed blender and MH, and I am still getting undesirable results here is a screen shot of what i am getting when i import:

all of the shape keys and stuff are on the ground. in previous versions they normaly would be in their proper place.

I played with the import settings and I still get the same thing. all of the controls and stuff are placed on the ground. I am currently using blender 2.6 and MH 1.6a. can anyone help?

there are different ways to import things from mh into blender
and with the development of blender (and mh) most times
not all are working.

at the moment with my current blender-2.60.4
i see some (maybe similiar) errors for import from
a makehuman nightly-build from october.

You should explicte note the versions you are using.
The version of makehuman (nigtly-build day?)
and the version of blender (more than only the 2.6 thing, the revision-numbers too).

The error i see, could be a simple one from changes of the python-api of blender,
but i wont take a look at this at the moment, because i dont use makehuman
at the moment and i would have to install the newest one to look for patches.

If the import of the mesh works and the main armature too (facial shapes?)
and only some parts of the rig are broken, like the shapes, then you can try
to adjust those.

had some time (its sunday)
and a short test show this:

makehuman 1.0 alpha 6.0 , the nightly-build from 2011-nov-26
and
blender 2.60.5 rev.41146:42181M
could import the export from makehuman
for blender-2.5, graphicall option (set in makehuman)
the following parts:
mesh
with uv-unwarp and material
mh-rig(armature)
clothes
body-shapes
facials

without errors.

What not works, is the import of the
cage
and i did not test the other options
like hair, proxys (low-level mesh)

replicated the instructions as per your post. everything works fine!

here is the screen shot:

One quick question though, will this be updated in the next iteration of blender? For that matter, who do I need to bring this up to? I am a fan of blender’s compatability with MH and I for one would definetely wish for this to continue.

@southpaw: what option?

I did not test all and i dont know what the failing
“cage”
is good for. I know its possible to import some of the proxys too (the low-res-meshes) and then there is the “rigify” thing, what is good, but i did not test it.
Next, i dont know if some of the special makehuman scripts to generate clothes (for use in makehuman) are working (or outdated too).
And last, i never made a try to create own makehuman-targets …
and i did not try the lipsync-thing … and i did not try a lot more …
(for example the current mocap thing …)

Alright these are the options that I used:

From what I gather thus far, unchecking Enforce Version does away with some of the errors. I am trying to figure out the cage deal too. Rigify, as it was explained to me is basically setting up the mesh to work with blender’s native rigging methods. In the previouse version of blender, you were able to get the clothing to import in with the model, however in 2.6 it doesn’t for some reason. In this instance, I already had resolved to model clothing myself using Blender’s in-house tools.

As far as targets goes, I am still researching that as well. My attention has recently turned to MH as I was importing from Poser prior to discovering MH’s compatability with blender.

When I make a breakthrough, I will definetely keep you posted.

I have had TONS of problems with the last months nightly builds of Makehuman. I am working with Thomas Larsennn and jeopl on the Makehuman forums to try to resolve them. Its good to know that I am not the only one.