Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @vklidu:
    I looked for heaviest density with sharp edge. You wrote about "soft detail edge"? Why?
    Because it much more harder from algorithm point of view, and i tend to use it that way , maybe i need to pay more attention to corner case with high density, it looks really cool except absence of normal. BTW, you can try tweak "g" as specular factor, g close to 0 resemble diffuse Orven-Nayar surface, g close to 1.0 is fancy high specular surface (imagine surface covered by layer if tiny glass spheres as road signs paint).

About http://blenderartists.org/forum/atta...1&d=1326425934, it touching sphere, just illusion because wrong shadow probe (i hope it fixed in last patch) and overall shadow-less light setup, you hardly can guess actual white "blob" distance from sphere w/o proper shadow. Maybe some luck with random generator make additional illusion.

I tried "g" factor, but close to 1 it becomes dark and flat, can you show some example? thank you

And thnaks a lot for shades
    Density close to zero looks sharpen then before to me. And I'm ot sure if its just feeling, but rendering looks faster now.

Here are screens with different "Density Geom Factor" Value. For latex material second render looks quite well.

Density Geom Factor = 0.01

Density Geom Factor = 0.25

Density Geom Factor = 0.50

Density Geom Factor = 1.00
    Last edited by vklidu; 09-Feb-12 at 14:37.

whoa spongy! Again, interesting tests, and kudos to storm_st for the code

WOW!!! All these tests are great! Is it also possible to use Voxel Data like in BI volume materials?

It would be really great

test of Qha's technique - images from three axis (and here is his animation test)
    Looks like pixologic's "Shadow Box" that I was never sure how much this projection modeling is helpful So just for fun . . .

(not sure if unwraping is needed since volume shader accept just object socket of texture coordinates (that are not object coordinates for now too and you have to set texture by mapping node)
    Last edited by vklidu; 15-Feb-12 at 08:40.

Now that's really cool!

Indeed, very interesting test. How long did it take to render that piece?

Yep the last one is incredible.
    In the end, only blender will surrender
    i7 4770 - 2x GTX 780 ti- 32GB

briliant! vklidu, simply great!
    http://tibicen.cba.pl/ up to 2013 Portfolio about Architecture and Blender + some tests

that's wild...!

Wow some amazing results! Booleans be gone... Mesh free carving I guess.
    Cheers, David ___________"awesome in space and other places".
    ________Follow me on twitter @3pointedit
    _____________ Check the Youtube Channel for tutorials.

if this could be turned into mesh or textured somehow??

In general - volume greatly creates specific materials or some structures.
    To model objects from volume doesn't look like effective method.

@Carrozza: rendertime for the last image says nothing, because I set 1200 samples in preview and went home.
    For the matrace foam it's around 300 samples like 20 minutes on my iMac 2.93GHz Intel Core i7.

@pxl666: . . . if volume become with voxel data support it would be awesome to have ability generate mesh.
    But for this constructed components it's a waste of time. It would be a hard generate some accurate model from volume based on image data.

@3pointEdit: booleans can generate more complex results, this volume components are like things "milled" from three sides (it's only mixing of three projections).

More complex components can be done by mixing nodes, but it takes quite a lot of time prepare textures, waiting for preview render and final render is not one of the fastest of course.

The render is still default cube. More complex object is done by mixing nodes.

Download Blend File

Also mistakes in mixing nodes can look sophisticated
    Last edited by vklidu; 19-Feb-12 at 10:49.

You guys are having so much fun in this thread! This projection models remind me of those band saw wood modeling techniques,downloading volume patch now

One older test of shards with volume texture. Static image is OK.
    Animation needs real object texture coordinates.

@storm_st: Does it possible in this stage of your hard work to take a look at these texture coordinates?
    Thanks for more info.

Animation on http://vimeo.com/37061555
    (scratching is not player problem )
    Last edited by vklidu; 20-Feb-12 at 02:22.

Hi all,

Really great stuff !!! I have one question, what version of blender you use ( build for windows seven X64 ) and where I can found it ?

Thanks a lot

ps : Does this version support direct lighting for volume ?

Matthieu

Yes, where can I get a volume build? I looked at GraphicAll but couldn't find one.

Thanks!

Search for OL77 experimental builds (spoungebob builds named "Volumetric" or "Cyclone" on graphicall.org) or better build yourself using patch posted to bf-cycles mail list. But dont hold your breath, it render very slow, you can get 100 times fast, noise-free and correct result if make real geometry from volume texture and render that mesh usual way. I think that recently added in 2.62 Remesh modifier can be hacked to produce isosurfaces from arbitrary 3d function.

That is really awesome, looking more and more forward for Storm to get this into trunk

In the meantime, someone should make an add-on that carve a mesh from images in the same way.

I'm just thinking what about 3 photos of same person from one side then other then from sky. And then change it to black and white. and Use it as it it will create? a whole person?

It will be in blender 6.3?
    Last edited by Kramon; 01-Mar-12 at 11:44.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast