New Feature Film For Release Early 2013 - The S.Ecret Search - By Pyramid Films

hi guys, just to let you know, I am working on a tintin film project at the moment, it will be fully blender animated and i thought you might like to check it out, go to www.pyramidfilms.net84.net to find out more, if enough of you reply and like it, i’ll upload the new introduction test!

See ya!
Howard Fletcher,
CEO of pyramid films

Are you being serious?

I second that. . .

if you were giving kind advice I wouldn’t mind, but i don’t have time for people who give critiscism, so either go away, or be nice. :smiley:

We are really asking, because there’s nothing at the link.
A lego character, your logo, something that looks like a sub and two CG characters that look like dolls. So, there’s nothing there to show any production going on unless of course you’ve uploaded something since we’ve both commented.

I do admit we did come off sarcastic and for that I do apologize.

When someone posts a WIP thread, we expect to see concept sketches, screencaps of the 3DView, early renders, etc., but at the page above, there’s just none of that (at least not when last checked).
To not see anything of the above mentioned, makes it seem unprofessional and like a hoax.

I think a Tintin project would be fantastic as it would show the difference between Blender and whatever they used for the major movie released early this year (it was still showing in January over here), all be it a different story probably.

I see…

Well, since i now realise that you didn’t find what you expected, we both understand each other… The reason why there is none of the bits and bobs you mentioned on post #6 is because this project only started in November, and i like to keep a lot of details within the boundaries of our employees, sorry! The website however, is new so… What can you expect? I am going to add a visitors “News” area, and a picture gallery, i will also post some pictures of the WIP.

Another thing to note is that this project is the first film I’ve made with blender, so i’m really new on the whole animation thing. My employees are all younger than me, so they don’t really mind it being “amature” looking, in fact, i thing it gives it an animated look instead of a film that is animated but is trying to look real, if you go to the productions part of the website, you can find our other films, all lego stop motions I’m afraid, and they were made when i was about 12 so they’re not fantastic… To say the least.

i hope i have answered your questions and have kept your interest. Please excuse punctuation and spelling on this post and the previous one, they were done on my phone.

Well, that’s all for now, i’ll keep you posted.
Howard.

Here is the deal. When you go to your site, I think people are confused. For one, there are just a couple images scrolling by. Where do we click, what do we do? How do we watch whatever we came here to check out? I think the website is about stop motion lego racing. No?
Suggestions. Maybe simplify, or rearrange the website so that it is pretty clear whats going on. If there are other videos or images to view, make them available right from the get go, or point in that direction.

Also, maybe I missed it, but what was done in blender, the stop motion?

I could be talking out of my a#@$ and if that is the case, I apologize.

Hi, I will try and do that, i am still in education though so free time is rare, but i will try my best, also, if you don’t mind, please don’t resort to crude words, i know you ‘symbolized’ it but i would prefer to keep this thread a clean one, no offence!

Howard.
P.S. I will notify you when the changes are complete.

@Howard: Okay, yeah, now we are very much on the same page! (^v^). Thank you for your super response!

I can understand keeping the story quiet and even a lot of the scenes, but I think people would really like to see how you guys modeled Tintin and Snowy and even some of the other characters (textured or clay, eitherway, lol, it rhymes).

I like stylized animations. Sharktale, Finding Nemo, UP, etc. were all incredible features and their aim wasn’t realism either.

What version(s) of Blender are you guys using?
2.6 is fantastic and I know a new official build is coming soon with Cycles having some speed improvements, so I’m hoping they are drastic (if so, then Cycles will be able to give a rough final, real-time, playback in Render View on a really fast system).

Oh! Before I forget, just be sure you have permission from the current rights holders of the Tintin characters and stories (I’m hoping you already do, just don’t want your first big one to be your last one, you know).

PS, I’m still very interested in seeing what you guys make of it! (^^,)

critics not welcomed?

hi, thanks for the advice and I will be posting pictures aswell, don’t expect anything good looking though, i’m not very experienced with blender.

Critics ARE welcome, just be kind and clean!

Many thanks.
Howard.

Looking forward to the pics!! (^^,)

Well Guys. . . Here we go, these are the first pictures ever released of the “Tintin - The S.Ecret Search” Feature film.

As I said, I am NOT a professional or even an Intermediate user of Blender, and the quality of these models and textures satisfy me, I am in education and don’t have the time to sit and learn Blender inside out, nor do I have the time to sit and make detailed models, after all, out of the 10 employees of Pyramid Films, only 2 of us know how to use blender, and that is me and my friend, I am “Blending” on a Laptop, my friend is also blending on a laptop. . . from about the year 2000! So we really can’t make too detailed a model because our computers wouldn’t handle it very well.

So, don’t expect much:

The Tintin introduction
http://www.pyramidfilms.net84.net/wpimages/wp4f7de980_06.png

http://www.pyramidfilms.net84.net/wpimages/wp31acf65b_06.png

http://www.pyramidfilms.net84.net/wpimages/wp0c0925a2_06.png

http://www.pyramidfilms.net84.net/wpimages/wp756a04a4_06.png

http://www.pyramidfilms.net84.net/wpimages/wpc58ccc2f_06.png

http://www.pyramidfilms.net84.net/wpimages/wpc255b37a_06.png

http://www.pyramidfilms.net84.net/wpimages/wp61a7825a_06.png

Sorry they are a bit small.

They are bigger on the website, but are accessible only to Employees for the time being!:smiley:

They will be available to the public, in a couple of weeks.

Please tell me what you think!

Howard

hi guys, ive got some bad news for you all, i have contacte moulinsart and they wont give me permission to release my tintin film to the public. This means you won’t be able to watch it! I’m so sorry, but they will not let me release it.

@Howard: Sorry to hear…

I know, I’m quite disappointed but, that’s life I suppose, I even offered to sell my work and give them 50% of my sales, they wouldn’t except that either, although the person dealing with me didn’t directly answer it. Oh, I’ve just had an email of the person, (you see, I asked her about how another guy I saw was able to put a short Tintin fan film up, it’s a simple scene really, it’s on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZl-75wfGhU)

She replied just now: “Unfortunately we can not follow everything being on internet.”

What do you make of that?:no:

No rights holders will permit any Tom, Dick or Harry to create commercial works that will be of poor quality and potentially devalue their brand. Anyone can put something on youtube, it doesn’t mean that it will stay there if the rights holder see it and request YT to remove it for copyright violation.
Why don’t you make something of your own creation.

Moulinsart is particularly draconian, though. They even take action against fan message boards.

I suppose you could always change all the names. Since your characters (frankly) don’t much resemble the originals, that ought to be enough to release the movie safely. And on a side note, Indiana Jones was largely inspired by old adventure comics, so there’s something to be said about letting this be “inspired by” Tintin rather than “based on.”