Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    OK, thanks.

what about Riggid body (RB) Modifier - when I choose him I expected behaviour like Particles modifier - that automatically set up (activate) the RB in physics panel. And you can switch by up right button to the physics to tweak setup as particle does.

Also there is something that I had to misse, because when RB modifier is in use why destruction modifier have "use Riggid body" option?
    It is already taken in a calculation by RB modifier, is it? I'm not sure now, but switching doesn't make changes.
    At Monday I will check it again. I was just switching quite a lot to understand what is going on. Mostly I used it for refreshing

@vklidu
    "Use Rigid Body" prevents the animation of clusters (did you notice it -> try emitting particles over a longer amount of time with Emit Continously disabled and different (small) mapping delays, this creates different kind of clusters but also moves the mesh which is not intended for using with the rigidbody modifier (start mesh would be destroyed already)
    I could also make the object automatically active (if it is no rigidbody) when adding the modifier but the modifier will have additional, own settings too. So its not useful to link to the physics panel in this case (they also apply to rigidbodies without modifier)
    For refreshing really all, its best to enable/disable fracture cache and refresh the rigidbody modifier.

@all
    today i have added inner shard constraints. There are 2 new breaking threshold settings, the inner for members of a cluster and the outer for relationships of whole clusters. The cluster centers are generated from the particle system and can be adjusted via mapping delay / particle settings (emission location, duration etc.)
    To preview those, first dont add the rigidbody modifier and experiment with the explode modifier alone to see how it will look. Memorize the frame. Then enable fracture cache, and use rigidbody. move the timeline to this frame and let the rigidbody simulation start there or later (settable in Scene ->Rigidbody world cache when atleast one rigidbody has been added.) Then add the rigidbody modifier and adjust the breaking thresholds, now the object should break apart into clusters first and to individual parts at higher speeds (according to threshold settings) If no particle system is used (e.g with array modifier and rigidbody modifier only) no clusters will be built and the OUTER breaking threshold applies for all shards.

Hope this is useful for you.

scorpion81

A video made with shard constraints of rigid body modifier.
    My book in French language
    Mon livre sur la sÚrie Blender 2.6

wow !!

@scrpion81: thanks for explanation I will check it
    And big thanks for constraints.

@zeauro: great result !

@bashi...iiiiiiii please

@all

i cleaned up the user interface of the modifiers and fixed some random crashes due to wrong memory handling for pointclouds in explode modifier. Since all my available time is used for coding and bugfixing, i would be happy if somebody could make a graphicall build out of my branch (for windows and linux)

@bashi

If you want, you can update your OSX build from my branch now.

congratulations for this development scorpion! looks great. Finally I hope my old unmaintained fracture addon can be removed from svn, if it's still there...

@all

ok, just updated my graphicall builds for win and linux

osx build updated too
    bwide.wordpress.com - Free NodePack, 70+ Cycles + Compositor
    Happy Destruction with: Bullet Constraints Tools

@bashi

thanks a lot !

I did a litle test yesterday, with constraints.
    I think the results are great.
    I noticed the constrained shards tend to move relative to each other even before they break, making a kind of softbody effect if the hit something. Also - with more shards you need to set the threshold lower to achieve approximately same effect of breaking. Also still quite easy to crash the build, e.g. play animation and try to duplicate an object.

@pildanovak

you need to lower the thresholds because i calculate the shard mass from shard volume in relation to whole mass and whole volume, the smaller the shards, the lighter they become. Hmm.Maybe i should adjust the thresholds as well automatically.
    Anyway, nice video ! Thanks for testing my code. Sorry for the often crashes, i need to test and stabilize more.
    Today i worked at constraint groups, constraining multiple fractured objects together, still very experimental. Here a quick and simple result:

@bashi: thanks a lot for update

@pildanovak: ha my destruction guru for last few years nice to "see" you. I have still saved your "fractureme2D" script. That still can be useful for 2.6. Or is there any other option to convert image drawing onto a mesh?
    Voronoi-2D-Tex-Sphere-scr.png

Download Blend with script

Also your type of shards seems to me more natural for many kinds of usage.
    (Roughness is also great feature.) https://vimeo.com/38864630

@scorpion81: thats begin to be heaven easy to use, easy to setup - I just love this modifier staff that keeps project clean and flexible for later changes. That is for things like shards and empties for constraints more than necessary.

I will need to play with a bit more - to try all this features ... I tried only simple particle system and Grease Pencil, but it is realy fun to play with.

The video is not too much interesting, its about how constraints gives nice effect of something like "gummy" and not always concrete or gips feeling. I just needed to post something ... impressions from whole style and setup system is just beautiful.

About bugs - sometimes after refreshing object disappear, only origin stays (still visible in edit mode), but I didn'f find a way to bring it back in object mode. Sometimes Undo helps. In this stage of my tests I didn't try to erase modifier, I rather quit app.

What about including pildanovak's crack type? Thanks for info.
    Last edited by vklidu; 19-Mar-13 at 03:11.

vklidu:
    thanks

well, the code is still there.
    scorpion81:
    If you would follow this idea of adding more types of cracks - mine were all based on booleans besides image conversion to shards.
    it was basically shards split by plane, or by sphere, also both of these subdivided with some noise option to make rough surfaces. Another option was to use a group of pre-modelled objects, like e.g. a set of bricks, or anything else.(I even wrote my own voronoi python lib for this...) But I have to say,although the booleans from the carve library are much more stable now, still with complex shapes they don't have to work well.
    i think a better inspiration would be molecular matter - it can do wood structures and others well too.
    cheers and thanks for your work.

@all

latest feature: automerge of constrained geometry, to eliminate unnecessary inner faces.

Scorpion81: Very nice! Really impressive results in such a short time. Also, a great idea for breaking glass and similar.
    Just there should be a condition to not re-merge things which allready broke, as visible in the video, where a crack disappears just in the end.

This is a bit offtopic, but I allready asked Sergey Reich if he would have time to make one function from bullet supported in blender Python API - and that is the sweep test. I need it to continue development of the blencerCAM plugin, which I work on. I would be curious if you might have time for implementing this after you finish this project. I would be very thankfull for any help with this.

@all

I have decided to update the destructability editor again. I removed the bpy dependencies of the bge part and use json to transfer the settings from bpy to bge (using a jsondata.py file as temporary storage) Furthermore i create automatically (after fracturing, saving and starting the bge with P) a "yourblendname_game.blend" file which could directly be used in the blenderplayer. I try to optimize the destructability editor for games in the bge now, since my modifiers will do the rigidbody fracture work in blender itself. One drawback is still, you cant use Dynamic mode anymore (which triggered fracture from bge via bpy operator) But i guess hardly anyone used so its safe to drop.
    I also updated the docs at http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Ex...estructability. I removed the old screenshots and quickstart and added a UI description instead. I say again: if anyone wants to use the destructability editor and still does not know how to use it, then he or she should contact me here in the thread and describe what is wanted to achieve. Then i could write a special tutorial for that. A generic tutorial video would be very long and boring, since there are so many options to click through.
    Basically, the ball you fire is registered as destructor and has the parent empty as target. and destroys up to hierarchy level 1. That are the default settings.
    I know my destructability editor gui looks like overkill, but i had versatility in mind, especially for games, and a bit easier setup than by hand. Ideal solution would be a fracture actuator in the BGE (in C++), i already looked at the sources on how to possibly set it up. And with this maybe even dynamic fracture would be possible again. But it is not very easy to implement stable and performant. (boolean ops needed)

P.S. When you enable the destructability editor, it remaps the P Key to a custom operator, which might disturb if you want to work with the bge but without the addon. It also adds objects and saves the file automatically, which is not always desired. So, if you dont need the addon, better consider to switch it off again. I added that P Key remapping for easier use, so you dont have to click the operator button under "Destruction Setup ->Start Game Engine"

scorpion81

I had no time to try it, but for a quick look - what a huge progress on this add-on ! (Or I havent seen it for a while?)
    UI looks clear and friendly. Good to see all fracture abilities merged into one place. Just find a time to play with

Q: is it possible (technically or in a future) to use for collision mesh controlled by armature? I had a plan to try BVH files to animate object. For now is object taken into calculation in its start shape (also shape key is not include into collision calculation).
    Right? Or do I'm something wrong?
    Tanks for info.
    Last edited by vklidu; 14-Apr-13 at 11:27.

Hello, are there any newer builds with the modifier ?

@vklidu

No, currently shape keys and armatures are not taken into account. Atleast i did not deal with them in my code, did not even use them for something in blender. I focused on modeling / rendering recently (as user), after doing some work with the modifiers.

@pildanovak

For now i havent made a new build of my code yet. Will do soon, must read back into my code and merge with latest svn as well as compile for 3 platforms. Sorry for the delay, but this can take some time. As i said, currently i train my modeling and rendering skills, maybe texturing too. I modeled (some time ago) a nice 1980 cadillac, and want to finish it now (including interior). Must see when i find time again to code / compile. Hope you are not too disappointed.

Originally Posted by scorpion81 View Post
    [...] (including interior) [...]
    LOL - I just love how people do such things for 'fun' (and education) - makes me feel old.
    *** This summer, for a short period, I was yet again awesome. Maybe I will be again, next year. ***

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast