- Improved "offset algorithm" which should give now much more accuracy. Here is an example connected with masking feature test: https://vimeo.com/43720050
MESH TRACKING TOOLS
I created something I called: Mesh Tracking Tools.
Goal of Mesh Tracking Tools is (or was supposed to be):
- make some basic effects in Movie Clip Editor easier to make
- make some fun effects in Movie Clip Editor possible to make
- allow You to use Object Based Reconstruction (which is also a script I created)
Here's a small preview of what can be done using Mesh Tracking Tools (object based reconstruction was improved since than, so please don't be discoureged!):
I was planning to make 3 short and simple tutorial to explain how to use it. Unfortunately I discovered that I suck at making tutorials. Nevertheless here they are (Sorry for my english, unfortunately I don't have many occasions to practice).
In the beginning (and at the end) of every tutorial is an effect which I am trying to explain in tutorial.
Tutorial 1 - Tracking Frames:
(if You are only interested in Mesh Tracking Tools Part watch only from 6:19):
Tutorial 2 - Face Scar Effect:
Tutorial 2a - Face Morphing Effect:
(OK... Final effect is as "effective" as I hoped it to be, but please try to imagine how it could look with a little bit more of work put into it! ):
Tutorial 3 - Object Based Reconstruction:
(Static part: reconstructing 3d scene and solving focal length using objects known shape)
(If I messed up this tutorial please say so and I will try to make something easier to understand)
Tutorial 3a - Object Based Reconstruction in animation:
(Animation par: reconstructing moving object and solving focal length dynamically)
(This tutorial is also messed up a little bit, but please try to understand from it as much as possible)
I forgot about one important thing when making this tutorial. Objects You are tracking should be about it's real sizes (in EDIT MODE 1 blender unit = 1 meter). If they will You will get more accurate matches and focal should be solved correctly. Though in my examples the scale was off and I still got some acceptable looking results!
I have also a few more ideas for different effects, but didn't found time yet to test them. Hope I will be able to show You something more soon.
To install Mesh Tracking Tools You need to download .zip file from here:
Blender 2.67 version: http://allblue.pl/mesh_tracking_tools.7z (not properly tested yet)
Blender 2.63 version: http://allblue.pl/mtt.zip
and extract it to Addons folder in Blender.
Remember it's still Beta version and probably have many bugs. I will try to make it more stable as soon as I will .
Have fun. If You will find this addon useful please say so, if not also say so!
Plans for the future:
- Make Mesh Tracking Tools final demo to show this addons full capabilities.
- Add one fun future to Static Object Based Reconstruction to make it more useful.
- Fix some bugs.
If I will decide this addon has future:
- Add Shaped Based Reconstruction to Object Based Reconstruction
- Move slowest parts of Object Based Reconstruction to C.