HUGE Blender 2.63 Rotation Bug

Although the new Blender fixed some things, it managed to get screwed up again. . . :mad: The rotation on the motion actuator(applied to any rigid body or dynamic object) will freak out. Any help would be nice. :confused:

A bit more information would be nice - I havenā€™t experienced any issues recently when I use motion, though I use Python usually. Perhaps a screen capture of your logic brick and physics settings?

Here it is.

Attachments

A shot of your physics settings would also help, though I donā€™t quite know what you mean by ā€˜freak outā€™. Do you mean spin wildly, like itā€™s glitching? I didnā€™t see any issue when I tested it just now, but that was with a blank cube. Could you possibly post a blend file?

@ Ace, Yes that is exactly it.

@ Solar, I didnā€™t really know how to describe it, it looked like it was
trying to switch between 2 extremely different
angles every frame. Just like you said. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well now Iā€™m unsure to download the new 2.63 versionā€¦
Should I? Or shouldnā€™t I? :eyebrowlift2:

It fixed the sound only playing out left channel :slight_smile: . With this big a problem, it should be fixed soon. Iā€™d wait.

For who doesnā€™t want to wait for 2.63a release: download latest build for the buildbot.

I am having the same problem.

Did you download the latest build? It should be fixed, if I recall.

Latest build on blender .org or build bot.

Iā€™m not sure about the build bot; it should be the latest one. The latest one from Blender.org is probably the one thatā€™s broken. Alternatively, get a build for your system from GraphicAll. A trunk build (one thatā€™s made from the normal Blender trunk (official Blender Foundation version of Blender)) is one that displays a tree next to it.

If somebody is not sure about the problem, this is the simplest blend where you can find it.

Attachments

rotationproblem.blend (378 KB)

From the Sunday Meeting Minutes:

1. Blender 2.63a - Meeting agreed on doing an ā€œaā€ release with some bug fixes. Campbell and Brecht made a list of fixes that should be included, further discussion will be done on the mailing list. http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.63/Bug_Fixes#Fixes_since_2.63_.28for_bugfix_release.29
  • Release of 2.63a will be middle of this week (Wednesday?)

The fix for the BGE rotation bug in the latest release will be in 2.63a, so you wonā€™t have to wait much longer.

From what I gather, I think this might be related to this rotation issue: Iā€™ve been making a simple platform style game, and for my enemy motion I have the object rotate 180 degrees when it hits anything solid and move forward again. This essentially means it bounces back and forth between walls, doors, etc.

Maybe it has to do with rotation being handled differently in 2.63, but this worked fine in 2.62, no problems. Then I open it in 2.63 and the enemies appear to keep rotating/flipping around over and over whenever they hit a solid object.

Iā€™ve attached a simplified file containing just one enemy in a small bare room; any suggestions on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. game_objects_v4_enemy_bounce_problem.blend (1.97 MB)

Has 2.63a been released yet on blender.org.

Keep refreshing this page http://download.blender.org/release/ until the 2.63a version appears there ;).

On last developer meeting they said that it will be released todayā€¦ or maybe tommorow morning.

Well, 2.63a has been released, but Iā€™m still seeing the exact same issue on my game as before, the rotation freaking out (donā€™t know what to call it, but the simplified blendfile is attached to my last post). Anyone know what might be wrong, or is this just a blender bug thing? Thanks.