Days Go By

“The great thought, the great concern, the great anxiety of men is to restrict, as much as possible, the limits of their own responsibility.” -Giosué Borsi

Created with: Blender 2.63
Rendered with: Cycles

Some work in progress images:

Attachments

I have no idea how the quote fits the image, but I like the image.

impressive render!
I really like the volumetric and the plants all over the scene

Great concept and rendering. As usual, I prefer to add some opinions, instead of flat praising. I’d add a bit more displacement to the textures of objects (table and compy, especially) so they look more aged and worn out. Making them mossy it’s a cool idea and conveys well the idea of time gone by.
How do you happen to know Giosuè Borsi?

Damn it ! I love the way you lighted the scene!

Did you use particles to make the dust?
How did you render it?
With internal and combined in compositor?

I’m trying to do the same but I add no luck…

Saw this thread when I first came here and the first thing that popped in my head was the song from Family Matters.

I like it a lot!
Great scene!

The lighting, compositing, and texturing are outstanding! The modelling however, leaves a lot to be desired. The chair needs a couple more subsurf levels to smooth it out, and the desk looks very thick and basic. Other than that, it’s excellent! I’d love to know all that went into the effects you achieved.

Thanks, everyone.

Utopia780:
Yes, I’ve used particles for the dust. I utilized one particle system emitting a group of modified plane meshes. It was rendered directly in Cycles.

Zander Nicolic
Thanks for the suggestion. :slight_smile:

I utilized one particle system emitting a group of modified plane meshes.

Yes, I tried that too but mine don’t look like dust…
What material did you use in those planes?

Thanks!

very fine render!

Hey come on!

Teach me that dust material…

Utopia780: Here’s the dust material setup. Nothing fancy, just a combination of a diffuse and transparent shader.

http://twitpic.com/9kwaf4/full

Attachments

Man! How did you get that red corner around the shadow of your table?

Thank for the nodes Reynante.
What about the volumetric light?
Internal or compositor?

That naturally happens if you do color grading on your images. Here’s my node setup:

http://twitpic.com/9l8euf/full

Attachments

Utopia780: I used the compositor for the volumetric effect (though I was hoping there was a way you could do that inside Cycles). You can see my setup above.

Great image! I love the atmosphere around it. I think faking the volumetrics was a good call, btw.

yep… volumetrics are still a cycles dream…