Sketchfab exporter

https://sites.google.com/site/bartiuscrouch/images/logo_sketchfab_small.png

Introduction
Sketchfab is a website on which you view your models in 3d, without needing any plugins. This add-on lets you upload your models from within Blender to Sketchfab with a single click. For a demonstration, have a look at the video below.

Features

• 1-click uploading
  • Api Key is stored, so only needs to be entered once
  • Uploading is done in the background, so you can continue using Blender

Download
You can download the add-on at the Sketchfab exporter website.
This page also has some additional information on the different options of the exporter and explains where to find your Api Key.

I hope you enjoy this add-on. All feedback (bug reports, feature requests, general comments) is very welcome.

1 Like

I have looptools activated constantly while I model.

I think this one will become one of my favorites also :slight_smile:

Not sure if it’s me or the add-in
I get this error every upload through the add-on. :eyebrowlift2:

I am using the ADDon and i have these error 

ValueError: EXPORT_OT_sketchfab.report(): error with argument 1, “type” - : ‘’ not found in (‘DEBUG’, ‘INFO’, ‘OPERATOR’, ‘WARNING’, ‘ERROR’, ‘ERROR_INVALID_INPUT’, ‘ERROR_INVALID_CONTEXT’, ‘ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY’)

viizro: that could be because you’re firewall is blocking Blender from reaching the internet.

ricaxe: do you have a line number at which the error occurred? This is usually reported in the console.

Very nice site. Though it does slow my computer down when I go there to view a model. But that is probably becasue I have and older and slower laptop.

Great, thanks for addon :slight_smile:

https://sites.google.com/site/bartiuscrouch/images/logo_sketchfab_small.png

New version (1.1.0) with two small bug fixes, which should also solve ricaxe’s problem.

You can download the add-on at the Sketchfab exporter website.

I would like to ask you: Specular map works fine, but Bump image map appears as specualr too after upload. (Bump is that like doted texture). Are there any limits for bumps? Thanks for more info.

http://sketchfab.com/show/1kgY31h8xglvU3S9Gob5pqe2Fqt

Second problem is snapshot. At the beginning worked fine and suddenly it takes only some blenders UI shot. Even I tried “Snapshot” function on Sketchfab website under “Edit” - it took snap that was visible in preview too, but click on “Save” button does nothing. For other changes like camera position works fine.
(OS X 10.7, Safari latest version)

Anyway it’s awesome to publish model just by one click, thanks a lot :slight_smile:
It would be great to have some basic support for cycles materials. Like use image and UV. Most of my work use cycles as others use. So it is quite painful to translate them, usually I can’t use only internal.

HI,

I’m encountering an issue trying using the Sketchfab exporter in Blender.
I get an error :
“Can’t open file Sketchfab_2012_10_04_16_48_32.blend@ for writing: Permission denied”

Is it an MacOS issue ? where the script try to write this file and what permission I have to define to that folder ?
Or could it be a network issue, assuming that Blender couldn’t reach the sketchfab server through our proxy ?

Thanks for the help

Hi, trying the exporter for the first time but got errors:

http://www.pasteall.org/36353

Opensuse 12.2/64 Blender official 2.64a Firewall deactivated during tests.

Cheers, mib.

Will this work with Blender 2.65a? I do not see a panel for it. 64 bit windows 8

I just downloaded this version I will report later if it works with 2.65

looks great, nice addon. Just one thing: it shouldn’t be located in the N-panel, I’d rather add it to File > Export menu. Requires one more click but the place would be more appropriate and your addon could get accepted for trunk.

but how would you set the parameters like name and description?

Been trying to upload for 2 hours

the blender exporter just say error, no more info anywhere
 not even in the info panel
obj and 3ds files fail textures or gives error when uploading as zip.
to find the api key
 i just guesses is the console icon in the dashboard
 still not sure if that is right
 as there is no letters that indicate that

any step by step guide ?
this is the model, please try it yourself :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8uxf4t01pinivlq/30%20LODs_sketchfab%20.blend
also , there is no support on the web, nor any contact or forum

not so good experience so far

I’m having that issue right now. I’m going to have to convert everything I guess. One more delay for my portfolio :frowning:

Is this the best place for asking: How can I kill the upload once it has commenced?

The reason to kill? The free account with Sketchfab has an upload limit and sometimes even if I thought that the blend was less than the 50 MB threshold, Blender thinks otherwise and sets me straight, but then I have to either A) wait for the upload to complete and be informed of an “ERROR” or B) hit escape which seemed to not do a thing as the uploading message is still seen. And simply closing Blender results in a crash of Blender.

@Bart - First off, a BIG THANK YOU!!! for making this awesome addon.

Second, I’m happy to help anytime by testing
 which sort of segues into wondering out loud if there are any joint efforts (i.e., Bart and CĂ©dric?) currently hot in development for dealing with Cycles?

Lastly, you might want to update this page.

@Tweakingknobs - Sorry you’ve had to wait so long for any kind of a reply. Here’s some information that will hopefully get you started.

You first need to set up an account over at the Sketchfab site - this is free; no credit card is involved, and where the API key originates. Note however as I mentioned above, there are limits to what you get for free, but at least you can play around with how stuff works. Then, the key gets entered once in the handy little interface that Bart made for Blender.

Here’s their Setup demonstration - generic to Sketchfab: http://vimeo.com/62332704

Be sure to read Sketchfab’s FAQs and once you’ve gotten your first model uploaded using Bart awesome addon explore their interface. Those guys over there are working hard at making this into a fantastic resource for all 3D artists.

As also touched on above, folks using Cycles (for now) have to cope with the lack of some basic things but thankfully Pavel Shabanov has prepared a very nice tutorial in helping us take a Cycles project and kind of retrofit into a new project by going back and utilizing the old internal rendering engine
 at least until Bart and CĂ©dric make another go at it :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Kelly

This addon looks really cool :slight_smile:
However, I’m getting an error in 2.67 on OSX 10.8

“Upload Failed: Wrong Token”

Upload Failed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Septyan\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.67\scripts\addons\blender2sketchfab.py”, line 289, in execute
hidden, packed = prepare_assets()
File “C:\Users\Septyan\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.67\scripts\addons\blender2sketchfab.py”, line 147, in prepare_assets
if not img.packed_file:
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘packed_file’