Cyberman

I had a go at redesigning a Cyberman from Doctor Who. I was aiming for something that gets a bit closer to the original surgery-victims/zombies with machinery grafted on concept than the current ‘stampy robots’ model. The head’s based on a design I saw on the internet somewhere. I’m not sure who came up with it - I think it may have been an early concept mock-up for the TV series. The rest’s all my own design. Hope people like it.

Janjy

1 Like

Good loft this is amazing…

he’s got an arc reactor :wink:

Gah! You beat me to it. I was thinking of doing exactly the same thing, but you’ve blown anything I’d be able to do clean out of the water! Fantastic work. Not much I can critique, other than wanting to see a full body shot of the cyberman, and i personally think the hands look a bit too slender considering the bulk of the rest of the body. But fantastic work :smiley:

He’s got sartorius muscles!

His abdomen looks like C3PO’s.
+1 for the sartorius muscles.

pretty awesome.

yum!!! I am loving this a lot.

looks great! Could you share the wireframe? is it all in one piece?

Amazing. I think I like this better than the original design.

very good quality work

Interestingly, the Cybermen and Daleks are older than C3PO and R2-D2. So, do you think that perhaps Lucas may have been inspired by them?

Very nice! I’ll never get tired of seeing robotic (“cyborgic”?) designs built in Blender–esp. from sci-fi shows like Dr. Who!

Thanks everyone. Glad you like it. I see it turned up on BlenderNation. That’s very nice!

Janjy

good. I mean it.

Really fantastic work. I’d love to see it in an environment, though.