Blender 2.49b can't run Py scripts on Ubuntu 12.04 - help !!!

I have a couple of scripts that are important, but they haven’t bee ported to 2.6x

So I tried using Blender 2.49b today and tried using the scripts. None of them runs and here is what I get in the console:

===============================================
Compiled with Python version 2.6.2.
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
‘import site’ failed; use -v for traceback
Checking for installed Python… No installed Python found.
Only built-in modules are available. Some scripts may not run.
Continuing happily.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “nexuiz.py”, line 27, in <module>
from nex_nexify import CNexify
File “/…blender/.blender/scripts/bpymodules/nex_nexify.py”, line 22, in <module>
import os
ImportError: No module named os

I don’t think Ubuntu 12.04 comes with Python 2.6.2 . How do I fix the issue ? (I need to use these scripts)

Thanks.

Tried re-compiling Blender 2.49b on Ubuntu 12.04 and failed with the following error:

======================================================
Compiling ==> ‘MEM_CacheLimiterC-Api.cpp’
In file included from intern/memutil/MEM_CacheLimiter.h:57:0,
from intern/memutil/intern/MEM_CacheLimiterC-Api.cpp:27:
intern/memutil/MEM_Allocator.h:40:10: error: ‘ptrdiff_t’ does not name a type
scons: *** [/home/motorsep/install/build/linux2/intern/memutil/intern/MEM_CacheLimiterC-Api.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

What to do now?

Ok, problem solved by compiling Blender 2.49b with Python 2.7 on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit

#include <cstddef> had to be added to MEM_Allocator.h and Bullet with BGE had to be disabled to avoid errors during compilation.

Thanks to Uncle_Entity for pointing at #include issue :slight_smile:

Hi
i have a error

BulletSoftBody/btSoftBodyInternals.h:174:17: error: uninitialized const ‘zerodummy’ [-fpermissive]
BulletSoftBody/btSoftBody.h:216:9: note: ‘const struct btSoftBody::Face’ has no user-provided default constructor
BulletSoftBody/btSoftBody.h:189:16: note: and the implicitly-defined constructor does not initialize ‘btSoftBody::Material* btSoftBody::Feature::m_material’

I’ve never installed a blender 2.49b on ubuntu 12. I just managed to install the old python 2.6 and I thought that everything will succeed.:mad:

#include <cstddef> had to be added to MEM_Allocator.h and Bullet with BGE had to be disabled to avoid errors during compilation.

How to disable the installation of bullet to ‘make’ ignored it?

sorry for my English

ok no longer needed

To enable or disable modules you have to edit user-config.py

I already solved the problem, but thanks.