Old mill (1.7. update)

Hi. This is final version of one old image. I hope you will ike it :o

Wow!! That looks fantastic! I say it deserves the gallery.

Nice work. Is that satellite imagery pasted onto a mesh in the background, or a photo or what?

very good Looks like game art though
That was a complement

Its excellent! but if I could point out a minor problem, in the bottom right hand corner of the image, there looks to be a gap between meshes.

It really looks nice.
The only thing I would critique is the excess of bloom… try to reduce that and it will look nice… (it`s just my opinion)
But the overall, the modelling , texturing and the details are wonderful. :slight_smile:

Very good modeling and texturing. It does look like a game art piece for sure, but nothing wrong with that. Looks great to me.

Really nice work but I have to agree with AlinB - this bloom effect is just too strong, makes part of the image kind of blurry. I also think that you could spend a few extra hours on textures, some models seem to be left with just a solid colour, no image map at all.

Nevertheless congratulations, your render definitely outstands among other artworks!

Looks like somewhere I’d like to be :slight_smile:

I really love the style of your work, this is a great model and i hope to see more like it in the future!

I like that a lot. Too much bloom (or is that a defocus node syndrom ?) for me though…

Well done !

• on gallery. Really interested on how you did the rocky ground.

beautiful image, but I’d add at least a bit of bump to the grass to move it slightly.
I know covering all in real grass can be hard for computing power but some bump/displace can do a good work increasing realism.

I like it a lot!

As a retoucher I immediately felt inspired to share some post production things to help glue the image together and also strengthen the depth. Hope you find it useful - which is my intent.

Attachments

Such a nice picture.

Thank you for replies and hints. I tried to reduce the bloom efect and i also tried to make new materials for some items. In the firts post is update and also small easter egg :).

The grass looks really good with the patches, and the fog is good also. Modeled or image? It looks like a background image to me.

very beautiful.

Love it. Great style and nice execution.

Really, really beautiful! Seriously. Job well done.

HOWEVER, I think the “bloom” effect is a bit overdone. Tone it down some. Right now it’s washing out the details of the image.