Blender Tutorial | Driving multiple values in the compositor with one value

Hey Guys,

This is one of my sidedish tutorials and we are going to take a look at how to drive several values with only one “parent value”. It’s also a very short introduction to drivers.

Hope you like it!

Great just what I was looking for. Thankyou for taking the time to share! It is a shame that the drive value must be hidden inside a group, and I guess you have to be in tab edit mode to change that value .

Last time I did this I made a empty drive the value from a normalised location and just dragged it in 3D view. But this is much cleaner. Setting it up seems like the kind of process a script should do…

Dear 3pointedit,

The group thing is indeed a shame. If you’re good with scripting then it should be easy to find a workaround. You can position sliders for all kinds of values wherever you want (which is often used to position facial animation sliders), or you could also access the value without creating a group. I’m unfortunatly not quite a useful scripter right now (working on that ;D) but you might find someone who can do that for you, or maybe even someone already did it!

If you find something I’d love to hear how you did it!

Aurel

Hello, thank you for sharing this, very interesting - nice and easy to follow tutorial.

I have a question can we Drive values in Shader nodes? I noticed your example specifically mentions the Compositor and when I tried following your steps with a Shader node, after right-clicking Add Driver, it did not show up in the Graph Editor. Thank you for your help.