panda3d or unity3d ?

Which has a better game engine?

A sportscar, a truck or a stationwagon?
Which is the better vehicle?

What for you ask? Exactly…

where is a game developer more likely to be successful in making games in either of those game engines?

That really doesn’t narrow down the question a whole lot.

to put it at its simplest: Which one would you rather download to develop games?
well, thats the question if you cant answer it :Tough.

What genre of game are you making?

How large is your team?

What is your funding?

What experience do you or your team have with coding?

These are important points in deciding which game engine to use.
Ex.

adventure
no funding
we have a good programmer.//

i only looked up the best game engines just in case they had some better tools than the blender one because they are only made for games whereas blender is made for alot of things.

sigh
One does not look up “the best game engines” there is no such thing, it always depends on the tasks ahead.

2D, 2.5D or 3D adventure, xplatform, pay for a license/pay after revenue threshold, want a FOSS engine, is a graphics engine enough, do you want to script the adventure, what programming language?

Usually one has a development plan and a project description, makes a requirement document from it and then chooses an engine that fits the needs.

I would go for unity3d. In unity I managed to create a simple walk-around game in half a day ( using tutorials from cgcookie). Have never tried panda though, but I think that is more programming and less drag-drop

Have a look at the community pages of those two engines. Have a look where the masses are. Makes the decision a bit easier …

@tiles. Yeah.i done that, the panda one looks pathetic.