Kraz 257b

Few Kraz 257 renders I’ve made some time ago…
This model is still waiting for better times to render it properly in some more interesting environment than this dark background - currently I have no patience to wait several hours for a render on my notebook.

Man you are not the only one, rendering times are painful.

About the images, they look good, the last one (the photo), doesn’t look genuine, because that kind of photo fade to be near to black and white, also the tire patterns look weird, but I suppose that was the original patter they used back then.

overall, very nice, and the canvas looks awesome. Good work!

Damn… That cloth is 100% perfect.

Great model and pictures.

I really liked posteffects on the last picture. But I think slight dirt\dust on wheels and lower parts will add more realism. Right now it looks like extriemly detailed but still plastic scalemodel.

Good modelling but this picture is a blank for me. No interest at all. There are so many modelers. I don’t want to encourage you because it’s flat.

Thanks for the constructive criticism Damien… I saw that you have been active on forum lately, having a bad day?

I’m going to have to disagree with Damien =P While the background could be more interesting, the image has great depth. The model is really good, as is the texturing and lighting. I really really like your canvas texture. The only criticism I can offer is that the tire material especially and the paint to a much lesser degree are too clean/pure.

Edit: check out some of Damien!'s posts. I smell troll. :wink:

Not a bad day. just need to saw something creative those times

troll…
The easiest word in blenderartists forum. That’s a shame. At this very hour when a very interesting thread runs and it’s called " How to Be a Positive Member of the Blender Community (don’t be a fanboy)"
So be positive.
@ntnsftr
Excellent modeling, but the render isn’t that great. It’s easy to make it look better. Some more textures and UVs probably. You can even forget these if you have a tomato branch and use a box-blended-mapping method.
I just vote *5 for this excellent modeling. For this only.

reeeeeaaaaallll niiiiiice modeling :smiley:

Yes, let’s not continue this unnecessary discussion here.

Going back to the topic… As I wrote at the beginning

This model is still waiting for better times to render it properly in some more interesting environment than this dark background

If I’ll have time I will texture it to look old and heavily used and perhaps I will use it later in some story telling scene…
Regards

Post it in focused critic part of this forum next time. Here you are in finished project!

I really like it, congrats! Did you use blueprints or photo ref?

Cheers

You are a stubborn man Damien. I didn’t say it’s not finished I said that I could make a better render in some more interesting environment.
It could be flat, boring, blank etc, you don’t have to like it. If you have something interesting to say so say it, if not then just give me a break.

@Damien! - learn english then abuse it.

Love the model, for some reason the tread is too perfect for me, but the rest looks great!

Sorry if I disturb you. it was just a troll time. Again, good modeling. Is it a low poly model?

I like the way you have done the tarpaulin cover, very convincing. I myself struggle to make them realistic when doing trucks such as these. The tyre tread though does look as if it belongs on a car rather than truck. You need a deep and wide tread to get through those Russian winters :slight_smile: . Other than that a very good job.

Did you use blueprints or photo ref?

My friend shot some pictures of this truck in an abandoned mine in southern Poland. I also searched for other photos in the internet.

The tyre tread though does look as if it belongs on a car rather than truck. You need a deep and wide tread to get through those Russian winters :slight_smile:

Because at the beginning this model was a low poly so the tire thread is a bump map. I have made a tire model but did it after these renders.
Russia is a big and very diverse country from the taiga and tundra to the desert areas.
Just take a look at the different tires mounted on the trucks from Kraz familly :

http://dayerses.com/data_images/posts/kraz-258-b/kraz-258-b-11.jpg

Amaing rendering!!