...and my blood is true drink

A quick test with cycles, an old scene from another software, to evaluate cycles speed and ease of use. I’m more than impressed with the workflow and feedback and I think I’m happily migrating towards blender :slight_smile:

blender 2.63.17 r 49666
cycles render / Time: 07:39.50
Full GI / 1024 samples

Attachments

Ok, second day and I found out a lot of stuff. So a fix. Sorry for this becoming a WIP thread.

Nice work!
The plastic, glass and bucket shaders are quite convincing but somehow I don’t immediately think that the blood in the glass actually is blood.

I don’t know if it’s the shader or the fact that the glasses are so clean. I’d imagine if you poured blood into a glass that it would leave some trails or spots around, since blood is quite thick after all.

Maybe a bit in this direction but not as extreme?

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/gailcarriger/13852475/151076/original.jpg

Nice render and like the idea …

Hey Ben_Lind, thanks for the good words. And Seeing the reference image I think this is something I should try. I guess I was just undecided on whether the glass should look more filled with wine or blood. But I think I like the literal presentation a bit more. Also it will be a good exercise on cycles shaders. Thanks again and hopefully I’ll post the result soon!

And blood isn’t that transparent, in either the render or the example posted. Even when flowing through thin gauge arterial lines, and especially through thicker hemodialysis tubing, you can’t see through it.

Hey, thanks for the comments. Here is the first tests with the blood on the glass. I’m trying it by painting a bw mask which switches bloody/glassy materials on the glass and is also used for some displacement. I guess I’ll have to stain the plate also.

It still looks a bit transparent. Maybe give it a bit more opacity?