spidey at the beach

hi guys, this should have been my entru for the last BG competition, but i finished too late…
i tried to cheat less as possible, all the spidermna suite is sculpted and rigged, and sandman is done with 3 particles systems…rendered completely in cycles, 3000 passes for the scene and 700 passes for the sandman’s particles, competd together in PS, ocean simulator for the sea… hope u like it!

full resolution

Attachments

Great job - Just next time (or if you rerender and post again) try to make the sky and water a bit less glazed over :slight_smile:

Perhaps look up some lighting tutorials, if you google it you will get lots of results :slight_smile: even blendercookie has some :smiley:

Fire_Head431

in fact i tried to obtain such effect of over-glared background to keep the image quite cartoonish and stylized, for the same reason i didn’t textured the children…thank u for the reply, i will keep in mind!

Ahk well it still does look good - I wasnt aware you were going for that effect :slight_smile: but yes, if it were meant to be slightly photo realistic (which i think you could achieve) I’d lower the glare

Keep blending :slight_smile:

Fire_Head431

Nice job :smiley:

Really like this picture. Good job :wink: The cartoonish look is great and matches the render
Would you mind share the blend file or explain how you set up the particle systems? I tried something like this without sucess. I’m really curious how you made this.

beautiful piece of work here.

the particle systems consist in:
-20.000 particles with 90 children per particle, with no gravity or wind sensitivity, for the sandman body; the emitter mesh has a sand texture and it’s still visible underneath the particles. there is a vertex group, particles are less dense in the head for exemple
-6000 particles with 5 children per particle with a wind force filed for the falling sand, emitted only from the arms and the head of sandman
-1000 particles with 5 children for the particles on the ground
-2000 particles with 5 children for the particles emitted from the castle
all of these systems are rendered as an object wich is just a cube with SS, with no random size
there are two more particle systems, for the hair and the pebbles in the sand
everithing is synchronized to the frame 30, so i adjusted all the emissions to get a suitable result on that frame…

cool sandman’s particles

ah, the water simulation isn’t in real time with the particles, i baked it, applied the sim modifier and reduced the vertex count of the mesh…