Pink uneditable ares in weight paint

EDIT: I got rid of the pink weights by clearing all the vertex groups and reparenting the mesh and armature. But now I have to make all the weights again, so a simpler solution would be nice for future knowledge.

Hi, I tried searching for this, but couldn’t find any helpful posts. So I was renewing the weight paint on a model I have, and for some reason there have appeared pink painted areas for some of the bones’ weight paint, that I cannot edit. I have used the normalize- function on the areas, but I have no idea if that could have created it. Is there any easy way to fix this? I already tried to delete the armature modifier and reparenting the mesh and armature.

Attachments

I know that this is an old thread, but I haven’t been able to find an answer anywhere. Luckily, I fixed it easily.

Select the offending vertices one by one in edit mode and watch your “N” panel’s vertex group section. You will find that vertex is in a vertex group with a negative value and some odd characters. Just remove the vertex from that group and it will go away. Repeat with the rest of the bad vertices.

You definitely didn’t need to redo all of your weights. Hopefully no one else will need to, now.