Saving the render inside the .blend file

Hello all, this question might sound really stupid to you but I was wondering If that was possible to include inside the blend file, the render of a scene rendered previously.

Like that, once I open blender I see the render lately done inside one of the window and I can tweak it through the composite nodes.
In this case, I won’t have to render all the layers again If I want to work on it later (that’s in case I close Blender in the meantime).

Or maybe there is a way to save all the layers rendered and then load it again inside Blender to work on it ?
I’m asking this, because I noticed the render isn’t included anymore in the window If I close Blender and open it again.

Or maybe there is a way to save all the layers rendered and then load it again inside Blender to work on it ?
I’m asking this, because I noticed the render isn’t included anymore in the window If I close Blender and open it again.

Save as Multilayer exrfile, load into blender with Image input node in compositor window

Hi…

You could also automate stuff like this by using the code listed below

import bpy
from bpy.app.handlers import persistent

@persistent
def loadPost(thing):
print(“load post”)
# After loading the file
# Load previous renders in the image editor
# Update compositor
# Etc., etc.,

bpy.app.handlers.load_post.append(loadPost)

Thanks for your answers, I’ll test both technics.

@Iluvblender : I guess I have to type this inside the python console of blender ?
Honestly, I’ve never used scripting inside Blender… I’ll take a look on my own anyway.

Thank you again.

Hi Kinrove.

I created a blog post to give you a start with scripting and in trying to figure out the problem.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

iluvblender, just thank you again, that’s really kind of you to take on your time to explain everything !
No I have no question left about it !

Thank you ! :slight_smile:

Cool. Glad to be of help. Even i learned something about the API :smiley: