Mosquito!

Hi, it’s been ages since I made any 3D illustrations, and I can say I missed it!
Anyways, I got bit the other day by some really mean and big mosquitos from under the shirt, which gave me the inspiration for this image haha :evilgrin:

It was fun to work on, good for the nerves you know, and a good exercise to hone my rusty 3D skills! I hope you like it.

Attachments

Gaaaaah!!! Kill it!! KILL IT!!

Amusing and despicable at the same time. Excellent work!

Great idea, funny character and solid modelling. Unfortunatelly there’s too much post production and too much DOF that was probably added in some 2D software. It all makes the render look greasy and dirty. Pity, cause the scene is really great!

I love the added texture and frame. It makes the image look less smooth and clinical, adds some soul to it.

You know what Brad Pitt said in Fight Club: “Deliver me from clear skin and perfect renders!” :wink:

Really nice! :slight_smile:

Hey guys sorry for the delayed response! I’m very glad you liked it :slight_smile:

that’s hilarious! great concept. i actually like the post pro. just yesterday i “dirtied up” a render by adding some lens scratches/smudging in post for the first time in a long time. sometimes you just have to muss it up to give it a lil more character.

there is always too much dof in macrophotography :slight_smile:

I love this! great character and colors

If thats you rusty I can’t imagine what your great work would look like!

Really love it, like others have said, its got oozes of character :slight_smile:

Yeah, great work…very funny…reminds me of this Far Side.

Only thing I’d change is the eyes…use bulging compound eyes instead…but that’s just me.

Would like to see her try to take off. :evilgrin:

Looks awesome!

Made me smile, and want to give it a slap.

Love it. I can feel the character oozing out of my screen. That mosquito looks like its had more than its fill of blood.

haha! i loved the expression just sheepishly filling its stomach

That’s disgusting…in a good way :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you composite the image in blender or did you use other software?

Great eyes! maybe I won’t smash it.

nice eyes!!

wow excellent picture of a politician during his effort to solve global economical crisis :smiley:

Great work mate , certainly deserves being in gallery ! thanks for sharing.

Perfect render and love the post. Gives the scene character. Gawd knows the world doesn’t need more crystal clear, perfect renders!!

Love the eyes! cool render! I think the only thing I’d add is a slight bump on the skin where the “mouth” (or whatever its called) penetrates it.