nameSTACK [1.02.20]

nS

stack_demo

A simple outliner like layout, gain quick access to object and object datablock names, offering quick selection, find and replace and more advanced batch naming options.

Many features yet to come!

Purchase ($4.95):

8 Likes

wooo! useful! thankyou!

can’t download it… “this webpage has a redirect loop” appears after i click download on google docs page

Fixed the link, sorry

Whoa this looks intriguing. Can it apply to VSE strips or node stuff?

No but i do eventually plan on implementing something like this for the VSE and Node editor

Edit - Now possible to rename sequences and nodes, node labels, node groups, node frames.

Edit - Using github, should always be current.

download works for me thank you.

If you guys have any suggestions or find any bugs please let me know.

Hey there, proxe. Just curious if you’ve done anything to the script lately. Perhaps a better place to host your scripts would be github or dropbox. Both this and the Armature Data addons give me problems when downloading from Google.

Alright, I started working on this add-on again, I updated my original post with further details.

this seems like a very useful addon,but I’m still a bit in the dark of what it could do

could it…rename a tail with 100’s of bones via rules and suffixes?
Can I use booleans (and,or not) to select very specific items?

exciting stuff,can’t wait to see more of it

After the rewrite you will be able to rename, find & replace, trim the start and end of the names of the items specified within the batch rename operator. The item panel will allow you to display the names of all selected objects, their data, constraints, modifiers, materials, textures, particle systems and of course any bones that are selected and their bone constraints, anything that can be displayed within the panel will ideally be able to be batch renamed. I also want to include at least one useful option per item that is displayed within the panel. Such as visibility.

that’s a tall order

hope you pull it off

The main problem might be the UI,if that works well this might be a very good feature

Will you try to put some of the renaming functions in context menus (for example in outliner,action editor) as well? for quick renaming on the fly?

or how exactly does the workflow go?

Can’t really make it up from the screenshots

Performing batch renaming is done by clicking the little car next to the object name input field.

Edit - I totally pulled it off :slight_smile:

Edit - Batch name is performed by either activitating from the specials menu in the item panel, clicking batch name in the outliner header or searching batch name from any window type.

Edit - Batch name can also be performed by clicking the ‘az’ icon in the panel or directly by searching and replacing using the near by fields.

I am playing around with Ninja-IDE atm, used to use eclipse with Pydev, to be honest I liked eclipse a bit more, but Ninja has some cool features.

Anyone here use Ninja-IDE for blender development? have any workflow tips or suggestions?

Edit - I now use vim :slight_smile:

Ok, I will be releasing version 0.6 here shortly, the batch renaming currently works for objects, object constraints, modifiers, object’s data, bones and bone constraints.

I have decided to scrap the item panel population, I will restore this functionality on the next version release in a different form.

Version 0.6 released

what crap!

how eloquent

care to elaborate?

haven’t tried it yet ,tough,maybe later.