Oscar's rendering thread

Hi, I was active here a few years ago - but I forgot both my password and my username, so…

This is my new rendering thread, starting off with a render of a mediocre Koenigsegg geometry I modelled a long time ago. Rendered in Indigo.

What do you think? :slight_smile:

Very cool! :eek:
The only thing that I think it is strange is the sky. Don’t know, the variation looks too drastic and could have some clouds to not be that empty.

looks just great :slight_smile: can u share carbon material nodes? :slight_smile:

(started a new thread)

Here are some older cars of mine that I’ve been working on besides the Koenigsegg Project. C&C welcome. :slight_smile:

A few more.

Two more. :wink:

Stunning rendering and lighting! My favorites are the Artega (sweet Reflections) and the Corvette render in post #7because of its pure simplicity.The lighting works really well with the curves of the car! Keep it up :slight_smile:

Thank you very much - interesting picks! I am very happy to hear that you liked that Viper render (I supposed that’s what you meant?) because I spent many hours on light placement to really make the lighting planes flow with the shapes of the car.

Hi,

nice renders. I agree, the Viper one is amazing. Car shapes are really underlined by lighting, congrats.
Keep up the good work !

Wow great stuff! These images are really well done!
Can you share the Dodge Viper lighting set up please :slight_smile: Lighting is so hard to get right, and you Sir, or Ma’am, nailed it! :smiley:

very good scenes, compositions, lighting, and i’m interested in the lighting setup’s you used? especially the 1st blue one.

Are you from Zaragoza Oscar? :cool:

Thanks mate!

Hope these pics will explain it. Basically just a trial and error setup method - move and shape the light planes until the flow with the car.

It’s a very straightforward HDRI setup. HDRI for lighting and reflections - the car alpha rendered standing on a plane that’s invisible to the camera (an option available in Indigo). A shadow pass is then rendered, and the alpha masked car and alpha masked shadow are then just composited into a backplate that followed with the HDRI pack. I try to match the HDRI’s rotation with the backplate - so that the lighting corresponds with it as correctly as possible.

No haha, what kind of question is that?

It’s a very straightforward HDRI setup.
nice, how about material nodes, thank you :slight_smile:

That was just a blend between a specular material with low exponent, and a phong material with an IOR of abort 1,7.

I just won a lifetime license of Indigo and an iPod with my Viper renderings. :eyebrowlift:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12868

Congratulations! you should also metion that you won a shirt as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here’s a red version of the Viper. Most simple studio setup possible, just an emitting plane with some gradient over the car. Indigo did all the hard work.

Wow looks like a photo :slight_smile: How long did it took to get that noise- free?

Thanks a lot!

It was an overnight rendering, so about 8 hours. Indigo Renderer, C2D processor at 3 GHz and original resolution of about 4k. Then I did some region rendering of the headlights that were still noisy, and some careful noise reduction in Photoshop.